Has anyone done South Caribbean Cruise on Victory?

Jan2007

Is this ship recommended?

We have done most of the ports offered except St Kitts, so we know what to expect port wise. Even though any reviews/recommendations on St Kitts are definitely appreciated.

If you sailed on this ship and particularly on this itinerary, would you recommend this vacation? HOw would it compare to others you've done?

I haven't been on the Victory but we did the Southern Carib. twice (the past 2 years) on the Destiny. Great ports of call. You will have a great time; Dominica is my favorite! St Kitts is nice as well; it was really windy when we were there. We took the train around the island.

Just got off the victory Feb 8 and we had a blast. All ports are wonderful. We went with our 3 kids and they loved it too. The food was good never went hungry the sandwiches at the deli are good the pizza not so good. We didnt really like the beach we chose in St Kitts the beach was by far the worst of all the islands we have been to. I think it was called Friars Beach. Skip it. My daughter cut her foot in the ocean not sure what it was she cut it on. We also did Brimstone Hill Fortress that was neat the kids had a little history lesson while there. We would definately do this cruise and ship again as the staff are wonderful and always willing to please so go have fun and decide for yourself. Be sure to let everyone know how much you enjoyed it. Any questions feel free to ask lots of good people on cc.

we just got home from our victory cruise & we highly recommend it! St Kitt's we suggest a tour from Thenford Gray (Gray's tours) you can email him or if you want to wait until last minute, just look for him at the end of the pier. he'll be there waiting on those who pre-book, but you can join them. well worth the money & it's less than the cruise tours.

the ship is beautiful, crew are fantastic, food in the dining room is excellent. we hated to leave. :(

We returned from the Victory on Feb 1st. Our first cruise, so nothing to compare it to. We loved it! St. Lucia was our least favorite port. Antigua and Barbados our favorites. St. Kitts we went to Cockleshell Bay and the beach wasn't that great. You needed water shoes to get into the water, or you would cut your feet up. There are alot of monkeys running around on that island, and alot of goats, too. The people are VERY nice and friendly. We found the island to be clean and the people were very nice. The port itself is very nice, too.

In St. Lucia, we found the port to ok, but the minute you start to walk to the downtown area, it is dirty. And scary!

Our favorite moment was the Tiami 5 star catamaran & sea turtle adventure in Barbados. Second favorite was the Beach Escape in Antigua. Runaway Bay is just the most gorgeous beach! Have fun!

Oh, I forgot to add that we LOVED San Juan, and want to go back next winter. We stayed for one night at the Condado Plaza Hotel in an ocean vista room. It was fantastic! And the people of San Juan were very friendly, polite, well-spoken, well-dressed and very proper. So I don't know why OP on here are so negative about San Juan. It was a VERY nice place to embark from!

I did the same itinerary last May on the Destiny. It has been my favorite cruise so far, because there was a different port every day. I hope to do the same cruise again sometime. I've been on the Victory twice, doing both Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Last time we had one of the L shaped cabins and loved it.

Is this ship recommended?

We have done most of the ports offered except St Kitts, so we know what to expect port wise. Even though any reviews/recommendations on St Kitts are definitely appreciated.

If you sailed on this ship and particularly on this itinerary, would you recommend this vacation? HOw would it compare to others you've done?

i took this cruise on destiny last may. i loved it. if you like ship time, your not going to be happy. it's port-a-day and go go go. i was worn out at the end, but will do that circuit again someday. i highly recomend the scenic railway tour in st kitts. 3 hr train ride around the island and a trio of ladies serenade you in 3 part harmony all the way.

if you want to do something different from antigua, contact caribbeanhelicopters.com and arrange a flyover of the volcano @ montserrat. i did it and plan to do it again someday. an amazing thing to see.

I did the same itinerary last May on the Destiny. It has been my favorite cruise so far, because there was a different port every day. I hope to do the same cruise again sometime. I've been on the Victory twice, doing both Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Last time we had one of the L shaped cabins and loved it.

when in may? mine started on the 4th, i think.

Archived