What to do in Galveston?

We will be staying in Galveston for a few days before our March 8th cruise on the Voyager. Any suggestions of what to do, not do, don't miss etc.? Our group of 6 is 50-somthing. Of course we have the shoppers so any place to recommend there would be great. We also like to eat & drink so a fun place for that would also be appreciated. Everyone on this board has been so helpful so far in planning our cruise. Thanx to everyone.:)

We will be staying in Galveston for a few days before our March 8th cruise on the Voyager. Any suggestions of what to do, not do, don't miss etc.? Our group of 6 is 50-somthing. Of course we have the shoppers so any place to recommend there would be great. We also like to eat & drink so a fun place for that would also be appreciated. Everyone on this board has been so helpful so far in planning our cruise. Thanx to everyone.:)

Moody Gardens

Space Center Houston

Tour Mansions in Galveston

There are a lot of ideas on Galveston.com

I agree, galveston.com is a great resource. It will also help you determine what's reopened since Hurricane Ike ravaged the island in September (my cruise arrived back in Galveston on Thursday morning, and Ike hit Friday night - and since my return ticket was for Friday and the airports were closed, I didn't make it home till after Ike).

If they're open, as far as restaurants go, I went to Landry's and Gaido's (both on Seawall Blvd) and enjoyed them both. I enjoyed poking through the shops on The Strand, but would not be at all surprised if a number of them have not reopened (or been able to reopen yet) as The Strand was hit pretty hard.

We enjoyed NASA. The aquarium at Moody Gardens is a must. If the Air museum is open it is fantastic. The Bishops Palace is beautiful. A walk on the seawall is always nice. I have never made it to the Battle Ship Texas but want to go there. Plenty of places to eat.

Archived