Men's swim shorts

the2ofus

Help! Help! We're cruising in three weeks and I just realized that DH's swim shorts are hopelessly faded and worn. (He wears them 3x a week in the hot tub at the Y after working out.) Can't find swim shorts in the stores here in Ohio in November. Tried Lands' End and they don't have any either. Any suggestions?

Here are a couple links I found in a search:

www.swimoutlet.com

http://worldwideaquatics.com/catalog/default.asp?CatID=16&VendID=0&Cursor=0

also look in the yellow pages in the phone book under swim suits or swim wear- many medium size cities have small specialty stores that deal in them year round.

Hope that helps!

Have a great time!!!

Sue

Thanks so much for all the prompt suggestions. I'm sure I'll find something this week.

Of course, when I mentioned this to DH his response was...I don't need new trunks, they're fine, they're not faded, I wash them every time after I go in the whirlpool.

Right, Dear, and one of these days the chlorine will not only have removed the color but eaten away the threads too and there you'll be, grabbing your towel to save your dignity. :o :eek:

An update on the swimsuit search. LLBean only has Lg & XLg in stock, all others are backordered.

Lands End doesn't have, period.

None at our local SAMS club.

Since DH hates to shop for clothes, I can just see me dragging him to a shop to buy swim shorts while on vacation.

BUT, I went to our local sporting goods store and asked for swim shorts. The guy said, "Gee, we had some on sale but they've all been put in the warehouse because this is not swim season." (It is 37 degrees and raining outside today.) I said, "What about folks who want to swim at the Y in the winter?"

With that he said, "Let me take you to our warehouse!" This was just a large room with multiple decks behind the main store. He showed us where the swimwear was stored on hanging racks, told us to take our time and was sure we could find our way back. We found two suits that would work very well. DH was very pleased because not only were there sale tags on them already, but they took an extra 20% off at the cash register! If he HAS to shop, it is great if he can find a bargain too. :)

Too bad I already have my swimwear, because there were some nice women's suits there too. Oh well....

Just two more weeks and we're sailing on the Westerdam, Hooray!!

Archived