Carnival excursions with 3 and 6 year old???

jgonzalez

We are traveling on Carnival's Valor and will be stopping in Cozumel. We are trying to figure out what to do that would be fun for our 2 boys, ages 3 and 6. I liked the look of the dune buggy/beach tour or the Jeep tour of the caverns, but also saw a trip to Xcarat. Has anyone been on any of these and would they be appropriate for small kids?

The Dolphin excursion would be FANTASTIC -- but it is very pricey.

If you're looking for something a little more budget worthy -- consider the dune buggy trip. Make sure the vehicles hold four people before you book!

Otherwise consider the Jeep excursion. I did that with my 8 year old a few years back and we had a blast!

Bon Voyage!

• 4 weeks later...

I think the trip to Xcarat would be really hard with your age children. My 20 and 30 year old's said it was too long of a trip for them. The Valor is a great ship and your kids will love it. You will probably have a hard time getting them off the boat, they will want to go to Camp Carnival instead. That ship has the best kids program! Have fun!

We did the Atlantis submarine with our 2 boys in Cozumel. They were 4 and 7 at the time and loved it. You take a 30-40 minute boat ride out to the sub followed by an hour sub ride and boat ride back. They saw the most amazing fish and octupus. I enjoyed it too.

Archived