Cozumel Five-Star Sail & Snorkel With Lunch Excursion?

dig21

I was just wondering if anyone has done the Five-Star Sail & Snorkel With Lunch in Cozumel?

There are too many excellent independent snorkel operators at Coz. This is one port you can avoid the ship's cattle boats.

Here are a couple::

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/

http://www.xaac.com/mantaray/id20.htm

There a lots more. http://cozumelinsider.com/

Check the CC snorkel msg board too.

I prefer to book with the cruiseline when possible. I like the fact that with the Princess excursion you board the catamaran right at the pier rather then having to take a taxi or some other transportation.

Below is a description:

Five-Star Sail & Snorkel With Lunch

Sailing, snorkeling, relaxing, and fun are simply the best words to describe this five-star excursion that also includes a stop at a beautiful beach and a delicious lunch.

Board your catamaran at the pier for the cruise to the snorkel site. After a safety orientation and snorkeling lesson follow your guide into the clear blue water for a drift snorkel. View the colorful reef fish, the magnificent coral formations and multicolored marine life this beautiful reef has to offer. After snorkeling depart for a beautiful white-sand beach on Cozumel's west coast. Here away from the crowds there will be approximately two hours to

swim, stroll along the beach, or simply relax in the complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas. A delicious lunch will also be served prior to the return sail to the pier. During the cruise back enjoy complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and plenty of party music.

I prefer to book with the cruiseline when possible. I like the fact that with the Princess excursion you board the catamaran right at the pier rather then having to take a taxi or some other transportation.

Below is a description:

Five-Star Sail & Snorkel With Lunch

Sailing, snorkeling, relaxing, and fun are simply the best words to describe this five-star excursion that also includes a stop at a beautiful beach and a delicious lunch.

Board your catamaran at the pier for the cruise to the snorkel site. After a safety orientation and snorkeling lesson follow your guide into the clear blue water for a drift snorkel. View the colorful reef fish, the magnificent coral formations and multicolored marine life this beautiful reef has to offer. After snorkeling depart for a beautiful white-sand beach on Cozumel's west coast. Here away from the crowds there will be approximately two hours to

swim, stroll along the beach, or simply relax in the complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas. A delicious lunch will also be served prior to the return sail to the pier. During the cruise back enjoy complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and plenty of party music.

I prefer a short cab ride for an often far better experience.

Coz is awash in taxi cabs.

Toe each his/her own!:D

Thanks for the advice. We will look at all our options but my mother will be with us on this cruise and she is more comfortable booking excursions with Princess.

I do have to say that I have booked shore excursions both independently and with the cruiseline and have enjoyed them both for the most part. I just try to research and get as much info as possible so that I have a good idea of what to expect.

Thanks for the advice. We will look at all our options but my mother will be with us on this cruise and she is more comfortable booking excursions with Princess.

I do have to say that I have booked shore excursions both independently and with the cruiseline and have enjoyed them both for the most part. I just try to research and get as much info as possible so that I have a good idea of what to expect.

Whichever you choose, the off shore reef snorkeling at Coz is world class.

The near shore reefs, such as Dzul Ha and Chankanaab, experienced severe damage from Hurricane Wilma. The sea life have returned, but the coral will take years to recover. Fortunately, the off shore reefs had minimal damage and are still first rate.

The full day snorkel trips will take you to the off shore reefs, probably Palancar and Columbia. The shorter 2 or 3 hour trips, including the independents, go to the near shore reefs, usually Dzul Ha.

Be sure to wear a top cover. Coz sometimes experiences the little no seeum jelly fish. A rash guard shirt is good protection, but even a tee shirt will help. No worries, either way. If you've snorkeled much you have likely been "stung" by them. They're so small they don't really hurt. It's more a brief sting which disappears in a few minutes. I mention it because first timers are often put off by them.

My grandson got a couple stingys and immediately headed for the boat becase he simply didn't know what had happened. Of course, he went right back in after I 'splained it. :D

Happy snorkeling. You'll love Cozumel.

Chankanaab was another option that we were considering.

I'm curious where the Princess excursion goes for both snorkeling and lunch because I can not find any info about it.

Chankanaab is very popular witrh cruise ship pax.

The Cozumel Insider link will take you to Chankanaab. In case you haven't found it, here's a direct link to the web page:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/index.php?Popup=1&Page=CHANKANAAB&From=Beaches

There's also an outline of all the beaches with their accomodations:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches?From=Islandtour

Have you visited the Cozumel CC Ports Of Call message board? You might find some info about the ship's tour.

If not, as I said, you'll probably snorkel Palancar and Columbia Reefs and have lunch on a beach. Palancar Beach is a likely selection for that.

Princess also offers a shorter excursion (description below) that I thought sounded like Fury Catamaran.

"Enjoy a leisurely scenic cruise on a catamaran to a snorkeling site in Cozumel's pristine waters.

Transfer to your catamaran for the scenic, 25-minute cruise to a snorkeling site in Cozumel's pristine waters. Take a 45-minute guided snorkel tour through warm, clear waters observing the marine life. Then resume your cruise, sailing to a pleasant beach location while your crew serves complimentary beer, margaritas, and other beverages. At the beach you have approximately an hour to enjoy some fun in the sun, including sunbathing, swimming, and kayaking. Volleyballs and floats are available. Complimentary beverages are served on the return voyage. Snorkeling equipment including snorkel vest and professional supervision are included."

We just did this exact one on the Aquadeam 2 and it was great! Very good crew,the snorkeling location was one of the best I have seen in years, lots of fish, sea turtle, a school of barracuda. The boat ride was a nice long one not one of those short trips a few hundred yards from the ship and dump you off. The lunch break was good and the drinks were just right. I recommend the trip booked thru Princess.

Codybelle

We just did this exact one on the Aquadeam 2 and it was great! Very good crew,the snorkeling location was one of the best I have seen in years, lots of fish, sea turtle, a school of barracuda. The boat ride was a nice long one not one of those short trips a few hundred yards from the ship and dump you off. The lunch break was good and the drinks were just right. I recommend the trip booked thru Princess.

Codybelle

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering what beach did you go to after snorkeling and what did they serve for lunch? Was the beach away from the crowds like the description says?

Archived