first-timer with kids questions!!

lisid

Hi! Traveling July 26 Baltimore-Bermuda on the NCL Majesty...wondering a few things..PLEASE HELP!!!

1. Will we be able to swim in the pool, or are there too many people to be comfy?

2. Our boys 12 & 16 will have to be split up in Kids clubs..will they still have fun..are there many kids on these cruises?? Fun activities for both??Is the arcade free, or do I need to bring a bank full of coins?

3.We are non-smokers...will this be a problem...especially in our INSIDE cabin???

Any other tid-bits would be great!

Thanks in advance

Hi! Traveling July 26 Baltimore-Bermuda on the NCL Majesty...wondering a few things..PLEASE HELP!!!

1. Will we be able to swim in the pool, or are there too many people to be comfy? I have never seen it that crowded !

2. Our boys 12 & 16 will have to be split up in Kids clubs..will they still have fun.Your 12 will probably have a good time in the kids club , the 16 year old will find the " the group " on board and most likely not go to the kids club. are there many kids on these cruises??Yes !!!Fun activities for both??Is the arcade free ( NO ), or do I need to bring a bank full of coins?

3.We are non-smokers...will this be a problem...especially in our INSIDE cabin??? Should not be an issue , very few have ever smelled any smoke , even inside ..

Any other tid-bits would be great! The boys will most likly enjoy ordering the "free" room service , so make sure you have some singles for tipping ..

Thanks in advance

And have a good time ;)

They should have fun but be aware the Majesty is an OLD ship, I lover her, but she is not built with kids in mind like RCL ships are no slides, no rock climbing no skating rinks etc. The pool is small and crowded most of the time.

The Kids groups do come up with stuff to do, games, hunts around the ship for stuff that kind of thing.

I am sure over all they will have a good time and no the arcade is not free. You might want to get them soda cards if they like fountain soda.

my 13 and 15 year old had a great time, i wish we saw them more often. They pretty much find a group and hang out, eat lunch go to shows all together. The kids clubs try to get the teens involved in various activities, teen pool parties, trivia, video games, scavenger hunts ect.

They will be in different age groups. The teen group is 13-17. The next one down is 9-12 (I think). Usually they are very strict with the ages. Sometimes they will allow a child to move down one age group to be with a sibling or friend, but they almost never allow a child to move up, especially when it's into the teen group. I'm sure your 16-y/o would not enjoy spending that much time with 9-12-y/o's anyway. Sometimes the kids crew staff will combine groups for certain activities. Your boys will have time together outside the kids club, I'm sure, and I suspect having a break from each other (no matter how well they get along) will be a good thing. There may be a fare number of kids onboard because it's peak summer travel time. The arcade is not free; I've heard it's actually pretty $$ compared to land arcades, but we've never ventured in to find out. It's hard to know whether they'll have fun, but you know them best. Are they flexible and fairly easy to please? If so, they should have a great time. If they want/expect all the "bells and whistles" of the latest and largest ships, it would be best to alter their expectations now. I can't imagine that they won't have fun because there always seems to be plenty to keep the kids and teens happy, even on the smaller ships.

beachchick

Archived