Goff's Caye excursion in Belize through Carnival?

LizzieTrowbridge

After reading some great reviews, I booked a carnival excursion in Belize to snorkel at Goff's Caye. I just read a negative review that described this excursion as overly crowded. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this excursion. We have three children (9,13,15) who are all great swimmers. Thanks for any info!

I did this excursion in Dec 06. I thought it was great and definitely not too crowded. The guides were very helpful - I had somewhat of a medical issue, and they were right by my side and incredible caring and helpful. You can either snorkel off the boat (deeper water) or off shore.

After reading some great reviews, I booked a carnival excursion in Belize to snorkel at Goff's Caye. I just read a negative review that described this excursion as overly crowded. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this excursion. We have three children (9,13,15) who are all great swimmers. Thanks for any info!

Done it with a 3 year old and 8 year old and love it; really like the option of snorkeling from shore or boat. DH kept 3 year old on beach while I took 9 year old off the boat.

Just came back from this excursion. The snorkeling is good but honestly, if you're looking for beach, please go somewhere else. This was a beautiful island but it literally had NOTHING and you're stuck on it for a good 3 hours. I enjoyed the snorkeling part but if I had known what it was going to be like (with no alcohol, no potty, no nothing), I wouldn't have booked this excursion.

We did this excursion through Carnival when we sailed on the Legend. I have to say it was one of the best days we had on our cruise. It was not over crowded at all. The island is amazing and in the middle of no-where. The water was unbelievable and so many fish, even close to the shore. You can walk around the whole island in about 10 minutes. There was a small area where someone sold trinkets from Belize. They sold some food and cold beer when we were there. There were also beautiful shells on the beach as well as hermit crabs walking around. We still talk about that island today.

We did this excursion through Carnival when we sailed on the Legend. I have to say it was one of the best days we had on our cruise. It was not over crowded at all. The island is amazing and in the middle of no-where. The water was unbelievable and so many fish, even close to the shore. You can walk around the whole island in about 10 minutes. There was a small area where someone sold trinkets from Belize. They sold some food and cold beer when we were there. There were also beautiful shells on the beach as well as hermit crabs walking around. We still talk about that island today.

Great to hear that you loved it. Sounds like Goff's Caye is not the place for people wanting action and lots to do and buy, but a secluded island sounds perfect for us. Thanks for taking the time to reply, everyone!

Archived