Belize-Rays Rocks!

transit5495

Just returned from a Carnival Glory cruise with a one day stop at Belize. We wanted to do some snorkeling but opted to not do the Cruise line shore excursion (Family of 4) and took a chance we'd find something at the dock. Well, did we ever. After taking the Ships Tender into Port we lucked upon Jose- a crew member/salesman from BelizeRays Snorkeling Tour. He showed us a picture of the boat- the AngelRay- a bi-hull double-decker powerboat- that looked pretty good. $50.00 per person he said. I hemmed at the price and he said "okay- half price for the kids"- a little more delay on my part and he said $45 for adults- $25 for kids. We had a deal. About 20 min. later we were on our way to Goff's Caye, a small island next to a coral reef. About 25 of us jumped overboard on the reef side, explored for about 45 minutes along the reef following the lead buoy,held aloft by none other than Jose- and ended up on the beach side of the island where the boat was waiting. We then spent another 45 min. relaxing and playing on the island. Some locals were selling a delicious shish-kabob barbecue for $3.00, & Belizean beer. On the way back, we were able to spend some time chatting with the crew- They were all so nice, (they smiled even as they yelled at us to follow the buoy!) It certainly added to the enjoyment of the day. Free bottled water, also & Belizean Beer available. They brought us back to Port so we got to spend some time in Belize City shops where I bought a button-down Island shirt for $3.00. The cruise ship snorkeling excursion went directly from the ship to that same island and back to the ship at $80 per person- so $140 vs. $320 and shopping at the Port! If you opt for this tour, say Hi to Capt. Amir, "Sunshine", and Jose from the family North of Tampa Bay. We had a great time! They provide snorkels and masks but we brought our own. Personally, I think you should at least bring your own snorkel, They're like a dollar at wal-mart. We did use their fins. And bring your cameras. The skies and waters were beautiful. They brought us next to the Glory on the way back for some pictures, too. It was just a great day.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Carnival Glory last week and stopped in Belize on Tuesday, December 7th. From reading good things about Belize Rays on these message boards, I decided to contact them via e-mail to set up our snorkeling excursion. I cannot say enough good things about this company....they were very professional and did everything they could to make sure our visit to Belize was very enjoyable. Every person we came in contact with was so nice and friendly and eager to make sure we had a good time. Their boat, the Angel Ray, was the nicest one I saw all day. One unexpected surprise was that, instead of taking us back to the dock to catch a tender back to the Glory, they delivered us right to the ship. Their rates were good too.....$45 each because we were a group of 6.

I highly recommend this tour because of their professionalism, friendliness, and attention to safety. If you want to see pictures of their boat, check out their website Click here: Belize Rays - Snorkeling tours in Belize, Snorkeling adventures.

Judy (also North of Tampa Bay.....Wesley Chapel to be precise)

My DH and I are hoping to be able to go with Belize Rays next month...I've corresponded with them by e-mail and I've gotten very quick replies. I've read too many bad reviews recently about CB so I've decided to cancel our reservation with them. The few reviews I've read about Belize Rays has been very positive and they have an awesome looking catamaran (it's on their website www.belizerays.com). We're going to take a chance and just go to the dock that day to see if we can get on their boat...if not we'll just take a water taxi to Caye Caulker and see if we can get on a snorkel tour from there.

• 1 month later...

Archived