Belize Zoo?

PintSizedMommy

Has anyone been to the Belize Zoo? I'm considering this as an excursion option. My husband and I will be cruising on the Carnival Glory this August, along with our son, who will be 22 months by then. I'm looking for an excursion that will be child friendly. Any info from anyone who's been to the zoo would be greatly appreciated!

We went on the valor last september, I have two kids age 2 and 5, and altough we went kid free I would take them to the zoo. We went to the zoo because the cavetubing was cancelled because the caves flooded making it unsafe. It was a great time, we found a tour guide when we got off ship, they will swarm you when you get off the ship and went with him. He was great, zoo was great. It is way different than our zoos because literally there is a little wire between u and the animals, not much barrier but its safe. It is a natural zoo, alot of walking, and inexpensive to go into. I hope this helps.

Just got back from Belize last week and we did the zoo. The wife was skeptical because of the 45 min drive but it turned out that we got our guide to "cut out" the road tour part of the trip and we made it in @ 1/2 hr.

The zoo was great, wife loved it kids loved it. Only hassle was trying to push DD stroller around because there are no paved paths its all small/ loose rocks for paths.

I'll try and link in some photos later.

The zoo is great, unlike any zoo you've ever seen in America.

When you get off your tender, ask for Roy Flowers. He will give you the best tour of Belize.

Roy will give you a tour, as a friend, take you to places the tourists don't see. The slums, the graveyards, the bodegas. He is one of the real treasure of Belize, but not the only. I'm sure this country has a lot of gems.

I love Belize and its people.

I'd be a little leary of just taking a cab. Right outside the port security area there were lots of "private" cabs and tours. Only the licensed ones were allowed inside the " secure" area. And they all hound you to no end. I'd spend the extra few bucks and either do it through the ship or with a reputable tour company. JMHO

Archived