Carnival Cake Topper

jerseygirl79

Is it that bad???

I cannot find an affordable cake topper that I'd like to bring. I'm ready to use the Carnival topper, but I've ready it's cheesey, hideous, from the 80s, etc.

I don't want to spend money on a topper, flutes, cutting knife/server, and unity candle that I know I will NEVER use again.

Hey Jersey,

Have you thought about just having flowers on top? I'm going to have my florist make a special topper for me that matches the flowers in my bouquet (green cymidium orchids). I didn't find anything I liked either that was in my price range, so I thought this was the best thing. If you search cakes, you will see some of the good, the bad and the ugly. I just requested that the cake be as plain as possible, no need to get fancy. Can't go wrong with plain.

Hope this helps!

Hollie

Hey Jersey,

Have you thought about just having flowers on top? I'm going to have my florist make a special topper for me that matches the flowers in my bouquet (green cymidium orchids). I didn't find anything I liked either that was in my price range, so I thought this was the best thing. If you search cakes, you will see some of the good, the bad and the ugly. I just requested that the cake be as plain as possible, no need to get fancy. Can't go wrong with plain.

Hope this helps!

Hollie

Great idea Hollie. I think I'll whip something together myself!

Is it that bad???

I cannot find an affordable cake topper that I'd like to bring. I'm ready to use the Carnival topper, but I've ready it's cheesey, hideous, from the 80s, etc.

I don't want to spend money on a topper, flutes, cutting knife/server, and unity candle that I know I will NEVER use again.

Oooooooooohh yeahhhhhhhh....it's that bad! :eek:

I personally choose a blown glass topper that costed me a pretty penny, but I am a momento freak. As the above person mentioned..flowers are a great (and cheap) choice for a "one time" thing.

The Carnival cake topper isn't great, it's actually a little goofy. Ours didn't arrive on time so our coordinator put my husband's boutonniere on top (a white rose) and it looked great. When the topper arrived they put it on and I laughed out loud.

I'll post pics.

OMG that does look ugly, esp compared to the bout on top!! That is a great alternative if you got a different bout for hubby just ask them to put the carnival one on there, looks good from Conquestbride's pic!

I seriously have had some good laughs about that cake topper!

But at least the cake tasted good! We had yellow cake with strawberry filling and it was much better than I expected. They brought us the leftovers for dessert the next two nights (we didn't have any guests with us). We ended up sharing it with our table companions.

I seriously have had some good laughs about that cake topper!

But at least the cake tasted good! We had yellow cake with strawberry filling and it was much better than I expected. They brought us the leftovers for dessert the next two nights (we didn't have any guests with us). We ended up sharing it with our table companions.

I gotta agree..the cake was AWESOME! We had mixed tiers with the strawberry filling...making my mouth water now thinking of it.:rolleyes:

We looked forward to eating it every night after dinner along with some of our guest. Even on the last day it tasted as fresh as it did the day we cut it..which was 5 nights later! I wish I knew thier secret!

I originally bought this topper from Walmart, but returned it for a monogram.

The monogram was too small, so I'm returning it.

I purchased the Walmart Martha Stewart topper again. It's actually very nice and different and matches my colors latte and rose.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10097950

Oh my gosh the carnival topper is awful! I ordered mine on ebay for about $18 bucks with shipping.

http://nicolasandrachel.shutterfly.com/62?startIndex=50

You're topper looks great and would look great on the mantle afterward. Do you remember the seller on ebay? I noticed your flutes matched as well; did you get those from them as well? Thanks for your help!

After reading so many post on how awful the carnival cake topper was we decided to buy our own. It was a little more than I had planned on spending, but after I received it...worth every penny..We are scuba divers so decided to make it unique. I have never posted a picture so hopefully this comes out

16 days to go

Dawn

617502073_caketopper5.jpg.79184bfa74d6ba271ca9b79ade31536a.jpg

You're topper looks great and would look great on the mantle afterward. Do you remember the seller on ebay? I noticed your flutes matched as well; did you get those from them as well? Thanks for your help!

Sorry I don't remember who I bought from on Ebay. Just search acrylic wedding cake topper and there are tons of options. The flutes were provided by carnival. And yes, we proudly display our heart on the mantle now!

Hi Jerseygirl79,

I have seen a lot of pictures of cakes with toppers and one thing that bothered me the most was the luck of color. Everything was in white. Since our wedding was held in the Fall, I decided to have a silk Fall flower arrangement make at Michael's. For $20, I was very happy with the result. Also, I was able to get my silk arrangement back plus the Carnival's topper. However, if you decide to go with their topper you can just bring those loose silk petals, give it to your TWE coordinator and they will decorate your cake table. This just breaks the "all white" motif. Just a suggestion.

Good luck,

cruise2Kae

Archived