Has anyone used Ebanks Watersports?

Orlando_Cruise_Fan

Hello everyone,

We just booked a Carnival cruise for Jan '10 and I found a Waverunner Snorkel Tour from Ebank Watersports (http://www.ebankswatersports.com/waverunners.htm). I'm hesitant to book a 'non-cruise run' excursion since we are newbies but I wanted to get the experts opinions. Has anyone used this company or see any potential pitfalls? I don't want to get there and then our plans blow up...

Thanks for any help or advice that you can offer! :confused:

Happy Cruising!!

Best Regards,

Brian

We have this tour booked for the first week in May. I'll be sure to post a review back here when we return. We're really excited and can't wait. We've been to Stingray City twice and loved it, but were looking for something more..... I've read good things about Ebanks. We wanted to do the Fat Fish Adventures tour, but we are a large group and Fat Fish couldn't accomodate us all with waverunners.

So MamaParrotHead found and dragged me over. Actually she didn't have to drag because if it's talking about Ebanks I do it willingly!

They were absolutely phenomenal!!! We took a ride over to jet-skis (they met us at the pier and gave a little tour on the way over) and fired up the little puppies - they are not old and in mint condition!

Riding over to the Stingray Bar was fun - lots of open water so you REALLY get to open the throttle. After having fun with the stingray our guide took us to a spot that was a little secluded so we'd have the chance to see some truly beautiful fish while snorkeling (I choose to lay on the waverunner and catch some while everyone snorkeled).

They returned us to port with more than enough time to shop (okay, hang out at the bar until time to board the ship).

I give Ebanks a thumbs up! I don't see how you can be disappointed with the level of service they bring to the table.

Have fun! Oh, and you can tell them I'll be booking again for my Nov cruise!

We booked with them in 2007. We went to the meeting place as instructed and me 3 older women there who were also booked with Ebanks, but on a different tour. A lady came to gather the 3 old women, but not us. I approached her and she didn't seem to have any knowledge that we had booked. She made a phone call while taking the ladies to their van. She told me to wait. We waited. About 15 minutes later, she walked us across the street to a van taxi. She talked with the driver for a while. They bardered, I guess, and then we were told to get in his van and he would take us to the boat. We got in the van and drove to the marina. The driver met with Mr. Ebanks and he paid the drive, then we paid Mr. Ebanks for our tour. He then turned us over to Big Chris (8 in our group). He paid Big Chris to take us out. We enjoyed ourselves very much and Big Chris was great. However, I just have to wonder what would have happened if the older ladies weren't there at the original meeting place. I think we would have been left wondering what happened. It didn't seem very professional with all the bardering and money exchange in front of us. We did have a good time, though, but probably would try calling Big Chris directly and booking, not to save money, but to make sure we were picked up. Maybe they were new then and have improved.

• 3 weeks later...

We used Ebanks . We were picked up at the Hard Rock. We were fortunate enough to go out With Mr Ebanks. The Stringray City was crowded so we went snorkling first. He is well known, a couple of boats were folliwing us to use his favorite snorkle spots. He showed us large eels. When we got to the Stingray City. He anchored away from everyone and must have had the right bait, because we had about 40 rays to ourselves to enjoy. Highly recommend.

Used this company for waverunner tour to Stingray City last year. The guys in our group loved it because you go fast and furious. The girls in our group weren't so thrilled to get tossed around in rough water and completely soaked with walls of water. Depends on what experience you're looking for.

Archived