Hotel Miramar

tiffstulips

BEWARE of Hotel Miramar! :mad:

Just back from 2/14 sailing on Serenade. Made reservations with Hotel Miramar on Ponce de Leon Avenue in San Juan about 3 months ago. We wanted to spend an extra day in San Juan before sailing so the kids could see the town. Hotel reservations were made through an online booking company. During the online search I entered 2 adults and 3 children and their ages. It selects hotels avaliable for the criteria you enter. I booked Hotel Miramar and paid a small booking fee. I called 1 week before arrival to confirm the reservation. I told them I was making sure we had 2 double beds since we were traveling with 3 children. They assured me that was correct. Upon arrival the girl at the counter says you have 5 people? I said yes. she said our rooms are 4 people max. After making several calls to the owner she informed us we would have to rent 2 rooms. (by the way, the rooms were huge and the 2 double beds would have easily accomidiated our family.) We argued we had confirmed and had a print out of the online reservation and they simply blamed the online booking company. We waited about 2 hours in the lobby while trying to work out something. Finally we reluctantly agreed to rent 2 rooms for 2 nights but at $99 for the 2nd room we were being forced to rent. We paid the $472 for the rooms as we were exhausted and ready to get settled. The next evening the front desk girl approached my husband in the lobby and told him she made a mistake and forgot to charge us the 2nd night at $99 for the 2nd room and we would have to pay it at check-out in the morning. She was very apologetic stating she was only doing her job and what the owner was relaying to her. The next morning the owners wife was at the desk. She was quite harsh stating we would need to pay the extra night. My husband argued he had already paid above and beyond and it was not our fault the desk girl made a mistake. With a very bad taste in out mouth we paid the final $99 plus tax and informed her we would be posting this on Cruise Critic with a warning for others.

At the beginning of our vacation a hotel that should have cost us $322 ended up costing almost $600 and alot of stress! We also stayed at 2 other hotels over the vacation on Houston and Chicago and had no problem renting 1 room.

Archived