Snorkeling in Belize?

skblack

This will be the first time that I will be going to Belize. When I go to Grand Cayman I just get off the boat with my gear walk down the beach and hit the reef. I was wondering if you can do the same in Belize or if I would have to get an excursion to get to a place to snorkel. If I need to go with a providor does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you,

Steven Black

The snorkeling near Belize is great, but it's all on tiny islands out in the reef system. It isn't like Grand Cayman where you can snorkel from the shore...you need to take a boat excursion of some kind. There isn't any place to snorkel from the port area in Belize City.

I've had great experiences at Rendezvous Caye and Caye Caulker. I've also heard good things about Geoff's Caye.

There is no good snorkeling near the pier (like cayman)

You will either have to book thru Carnival and the boat will pick you up right from the ship so you won't even have to go into Belize City or take the tendor to the pier and hire a company to take you to one of the Cayes.

But i do agree with the above poster..the cave tubing is great and something you won't be able to do in any of the other ports.

Archived