Anti-Norovirus Hand Cleaners

JJPacer

This is great information to be brought forward. I've known for a long time that anti-bacterial does not kill viral germs, but many do not.

We have, as part of our annual safety meeting every year, a hand washing inservice. Boring for sure, but knowledge that everyone should have. If you saw the little film we watch, you would never touch a doorknob and start washing up after shaking hands with another person. Although I don't live my life in fear and still get an occasional cold, I'm far more aware of what I touch now.

We're never 100% safe from germs, either viral or bacterial, but we shouls all make an effort not to share our germs when we are ill. Those who exhibit symptoms really should quarantine themselves....bummer on vacation, though :(

This appears to be a great idea but it may not help. Your hands may be clean, but the person at the buffet before you may not be. Everyone has seen that nasty person leave the bathroom and head straight to the food without washing their hands.

I've also seen people touching things at the buffet and not taking it. Then someone else comes along, puts that item on their plate, and eats it. Eww! Thats exactly how this virus spreads. Your hands may be clean, but that pickle you picked up isnt.

Archived