does carnival pack lunch boxes for tours?

pbc1

ooops, sorry about that :o

Not a problem- it really does happen a lot

I ran across that show one night when I was channel surfing...it's on CMT, I believe...it's kind of like a bad car wreck, you know you're not supposed to look but you can't help it...:o :D

I'll confess to having done the same- there are some shows so compellingly awful you just can't help yourself!

I received an email a while back labelled redneck wedding...it was a powerpoint slide show of a wedding in Georgia...IN A WAFFLE HOUSE!!! :eek:

Memories are made of such moments. I guess.

Did you check out zqvol's latest post? His (her?) answer to my posting of the laws of caribbean nations that prove him (her?) wrong was to put me on their ignore list...how mature :rolleyes:

Guys...isn't all of that a moot point??? What matters is the cruise lines don't allow anything unpackaged off the ship, right?

We only have to worry about the laws of each island when we take land vacations there.

None of us here take land vacations do we?? :p;):p

Bulldog, I do appreciate the info, however. Thank you :)

Guys...isn't all of that a moot point??? What matters is the cruise lines don't allow anything unpackaged off the ship, right?

We only have to worry about the laws of each island when we take land vacations there.

None of us here take land vacations do we?? :p;):p

Bulldog, I do appreciate the info, however. Thank you :)

I love your signature by the way!! Such is my life, whenever I see the light at the end of the tunnel it usually turns out to be a freight train...;)

So, if the ship packs me a box lunch of "fresh" RAW fish and a block of cheese, I'm OK?:rolleyes:

Hmmm, the mouth waters...................

Dan

Yes- fresh raw fish, also called sashimi, is not just ok but great. Even better when it is still dripping salt water! Dip in some soy and wasabi with a squeeze of lemon or lime- yum!

Grand Cayman:

Importing food into Cayman

Some discussions group encourage people to take their own pre-packed (sealed) food to Cayman in freezer bags or ice chests. The Tourist Board advise that visitors are allowed to bring meat into the islands, but you may be charged duty if the value is over US$35 per person, or the quantity exceeds what customs consider to a reasonable amount for personal consumption. Meat should be preferably be packed and sealed as sold in supermarkets, and may have to be inspected by an official from the Department of Agriculture.

updated.gif The ban on the importation of US bone-in meats imposed in December 2003 following a case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE or 'mad-cow disease') has been lifted. Personal imports of meat up to 5kg for personal consumption will now be allowed providing the original packaging is intact and the packaging bears the USDA inspection legend.

When I checked with the Department of Agriculture ( greenbut.gifemail.gifciagric@candw.ky ) on the general rules for importing foods, they sent me three Word 97 documents. The first was an application form for the importation of plants and the other two were the rules and regulations on the importation of plants and plant products and meat and meat products. Here are the links to these documents: greenbut.gifImportation of Plants and Plant Products

greenbut.gifImportation of Meat and Meat Products Check under Employment/jobs/residency in Cayman above for the price of some basic foodstuffs from the supermarkets on the island.

BullDogChief - Could you please retype your three prior posts...they didn't come through to my computer for some reason;)

Archived