Booking Excursion at the Port?

Ashevegas

I've waited too long to book an excursion on my ship until I board (leaving 3-1). I was wondering are there booths at the Belize City port where I can book an excursion? or should I try to find a tour group on line. I'd like to take my family to the zoo.

Any suggestions?

There will be MANY people there when you get off the tender trying to sell you excursions, there will be no shortage in that! The tough decision will be whom to go with!

Try to find some reputable companies here on the boards and remember their names, they are likely to be there when you get there as well. Then at least you have heard of the company.

Roy Flowers is all you need to remember. walk outside and ask if anyone knows him- he'll be there.

Roy took us on our first tour of Belize many years ago. At the end of that day, we were so happy...but short on cash, and Roy told us not to worry.

We mailed him a check for the remaining due. And we have kept him and his family in our prayers. He's one of a kind.:)

Roy Flowers is all you need to remember. walk outside and ask if anyone knows him- he'll be there.

Roy took us on our first tour of Belize many years ago. At the end of that day, we were so happy...but short on cash, and Roy told us not to worry.

We mailed him a check for the remaining due. And we have kept him and his family in our prayers. He's one of a kind.:)

What kind of excursions does he do?

• 3 weeks later...

:)

Roy will take you anywhere that you have the time to go. We originally asked him to take us somewhere that he said would be too tight on time.

So our second choice was the zoo- which he did. He walked around with us and gave us a personal tour, then took us back to the city, even drove us by where he lived. He then took us downtown for lunch and shopping (bumped into his daughter). Talked the whole time. My children loved him, and I learned some new Belizean recipes from him- buy the Belizean Heat and also coconut oil. It was a bargain- though I don't remember how much we paid.

The last time we were there, we got off our tender, went over to the cabs and looked around for him- didn't see him so asked a couple of guys and they said he was already gone. So we went to the caves to go tubing. it was a great day too.

No matter what you end up doing in Belize- it's a beautiful country, and you'll want to come back again.

Yes there will be tons of tour operators for you to choose from. We had an excursion booked through NCL that was cancelled so we decided to just find someone. We found Manny and took a private tour with him to the Mayan Ruins. It was FANTASTIC! We learned so much from him. He walked us all around the Mayan ruins telling us about them. He was great and made our day on Belize a memorable one. Our DS still talks about Manny and how much he enjoyed that tour.

Archived