Advice on cabin location

Luke Stepp

I am taking a cruise this summer (first cruise) on one of Carnival's Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale. An ocean view cabin at the rear of the ship on the Riveria Main deck has been suggested as one of the more desirable cabins.

Can anyone with cruising experience (and not necessarily specific to this ship) give me some reassurance on this cabin?

Thanks for the help.

Midship is our preference, esp. near the elevators. When you are picking a cabin, always look at what is above and below you. Try to avoid being under a bar area, under a showroom or dining area. If you should get below the Lido deck, stay away from the pool area as the chairs scraping can be very loud. Between passenger decks is the best location.

Wow, a two-storey cabin? Just kidding, Riviera and Main are the name of two different decks. On the Riviera deck they are all the same size. On the Main deck there are some that are better than the others. These are: 2462, 2465, 2470, 2472, 2473 and 2475.

Yep, I agree with the poster who mentioned looking at what's above you. I wouldn't want to be under a bar/restaurant etc. I also like to be close to the elevator for convenience, but some people prefer not to be near elevators as you may hear people coming and going late into the night. I've never had a problem with noise near an elevator though.

It appears the lobby level is above the main deck, with our cabin being 2480. This appears to be a rear "wake view" cabin. However, from looking at the diagram of the ship, it appears the the lobby level above us will be restaurants.

Does this warrant the effort to change to a cabin without the lobby level, or will the wake view keep us satisfied?

Luke- My opinion is it that it would depend on what your needs are. If you have children that you'd be putting down for a nap in the afternoon or in bed at 8PM, the noise may be bothersome (providing that you do in fact hear noise). The restaurants aren't typically used all night long. But you may hear noise early in the morning from breakfast, and like I mentioned, if you have children, it may be annoying for naps or early bedtimes.

Archived