Amount of Cruise Insurance

GAMOM4

I have booked a 4 night cruise for 4 in July - I want to purchase insurance and I have went to Insuremytrip.com - what is a good amount to put in the medical amount? I want to be sure that if something happens we have insurance to cover it - but I don't want to have to little or way to much...does that make sense?

I always book the highest available coverage that also has the other coverages I need. highest for Medical and for evacuation. those are the two that can haunt you the rest of your life. They can be MAJOR expenses if something happens. yes no one wants to lose the few thousand they paid for the cruise , or lose their luggage but an evacuation and medical expenses and return to home can be hundreds of thousands.

Go with the best you can afford.

I look at all the categories on the comparison screen. Then make a informed decision. I agree that medical and medical evacuation are very important. But I think $50,000 for M/E is about right. So I don't care if is is 1 million like some policies show.

Archived