Canada weather

TonyinFla

I just booked a cruise on June 15th to Canada. We live in Florida and have cruised to all the stops in the Carribean, but have never gone North. Anyone know what the weather is like, and what we should wear? I told my wife we'd need long pants, and maybe even sleeves; which we have none of. Down here in Venice nobody wears pants, I work at a bank and wear shorts. Anybody taken this in the past with input?

The weather will be ok in June. You may have some cool nights, but not cold. It's really a crap shoot with the weather up here in June. One day could be shorts weather and the next you need pants. Average high in June in Halifax, NS is 62, but is one of the "drier" months. I would definitely suggest having pants and a sweater with you on the cruise.

Enjoy!

Why not plan on picking up sweatshirts on the ship. Nice souvenier. They are all correct. The weather up here is unpredictable at best. Be sure and bring long pants and a sweatshirt or light jacket. I am originally from Saint John, so I really do know what it can be like. Also if you are doing any sort of shore excursion that involves being in the woods, I would definately recommend insect repellant. Although we don't have to worry about malaria and have so far been untouched by west nile, still the black flies can be merciless in June. Have a great cruise.

Archived