Princess 15 day with a 17month old

Johnsmomma

After lurking around for awhile I am finally ready to begin participating in the message boards. Let me first say that I have been on only one cruise and LOVED it- I found out I was pregnant soon after and haven't been on one since. I sort of thought my cruising career was over until the kids graduate but luckily after finding this board there are lots of families cruising all over the place.

We want to go on a 15 day princess this summer- from what I have gathered this is not one of the toddler friendliest cruise lines. Can someone clarify for me if they have babysitting options for just a dinner out or an hour here or there? If not which are the best lines while they are still too young to go to the kids clubs?

Disney, no doubt! There is a great nursery onboard both of their ships, with group-babysitting sessions.

I hear RCCL also has a baby playtime program, but I haven't personally experienced that since we cruised RCCL way back in the day. I think they also have in-room sitting.

Welcome to the boards!!!

CeleBrat

Princess is toddler friendly in that toddlers are treated like royalty on board - but Princess has zero childcare options for kids under three. The only plus for Princess is that you are allowed to take your toddler into the kids area to play - but you must stay with them. If you're looking for time alone with your spouse, you'll need to choose one of the lines that either offers in-cabin sitting (I know RCCL does) or late night child sitting (Carnival after 10:00 pm) - both for extra fees .

I'm sure with help here, you'll find a cruise that works well for all of you.

Best,

Mia

Thank you for the quick replies. I think that the we really want the itinerary on the princess because it goes about everywhere we want to see. It is also a very intense schedule which may not be the easiest with a child. Hopefully we will be able to find something with a little bit of both (a good schedule and maybe a babysitter/childcare)

I see you are considering the 15 night Rome to Southampton cruise on Crown Princess.

I don't know if there are any itineraries that are exactly like that on lines with offerings for under the age of 2 but here are some options that you might consider:

14 night Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas out of Southampton - there are 2 different itineraries in June but they do visit many of the same ports as Crown Princess. You'd have in cabin babysitting available and the Royal Babies and Tots program, plus there is small splash area for non-potty trained children called the Baby Zone.

11 night Celebrity Solstice out of Rome as Celebrity also offers in cabin babysitting.

The RCCL looks great but is quite a bit more expensive (unless they let kids go free or something) we could probably swing it- or maybe for the price difference we could hire a nanny to come with us?

I still haven't checked out celebrity- I will do that next. Thanks for the info

Archived