kaoroke and kids

Tslammer

We went on the fantasy last october, the kids could sing up until around 10. after that the language may get a little rough for the kids, depending on who is there and who is drunk!!!!!

but they did not make the kids leave after 10, just wouldn't let them sing anymore, and they had kareoke everynight, at like 7...ish!!!!

All the ships have karaoke.

IN GENERAL (each ship sets their own times) the first hour (sometimes 1 1/2 hours) is FAMILY which means that any age can sing.

The rest of the time is adult only. (usually 18 and over ~ sometimes 21 and over)

Check your Capers for the starting times and if you have kids who want to sing...make sure they are there during family hour.

I have a lot of friends who are karaoke host and it never fails that families come in at 11PM and want their 12 year old to sing.

People of any age are allowed to watch the entire night. The hour to 1 1/2 hour family hour refers to participating. But be aware that late at night, some of the songs can get more than PG-13.

Also, Camp Carnival also offers karaoke. Not every night, but look for it on the CC schedule as well.

Usually you can have kids until 10pm. I'll report back after I cruise this week on the Fantasy! I think they also usually have one night "kids" night.

Please tell Rozwin that his Cruise Mom says HI!

He will be your karaoke host on the Fantasy.

The first night, karaoke starts around 8:30pm and the first hour is "family time".

The rest of the nights, karaoke starts at 7PM and the first 1 1/2 hours are "family time". If it is a 5 day cruise, sometimes karaoke gets shut down early for a team game that they play one night....so be aware.

There are no nights that allow kids the entire time to participate.

Also say Hi to Clifton for me. Tell him I said he needs to get FACEBOOK! He is one of the solo promenade entertainers and he is excellent. He plays a mean sax!!!

We were on the Miracle in January and the host allowed a bunch of kids (about 10 years old) to take over the room.

These kids could not sing at all and got up over and over and the host lets them have their songs and finally they managed to empty the room.

It would be ok during family hour but this went on to midnight.

After a couple of nights we stopped going and finally put something in our comment cards about this.

I know I could have complained to the host but I am on vacation and do not like to complain and if she was paying attention would have noticed nobody was left but these kids and might have wondered why.

In other words brings your kids and have a great time but please do not hog all the songs.

Golfadj

We were on the Miracle in January and the host allowed a bunch of kids (about 10 years old) to take over the room.

These kids could not sing at all and got up over and over and the host lets them have their songs and finally they managed to empty the room.

It would be ok during family hour but this went on to midnight.

After a couple of nights we stopped going and finally put something in our comment cards about this.

I know I could have complained to the host but I am on vacation and do not like to complain and if she was paying attention would have noticed nobody was left but these kids and might have wondered why.

In other words brings your kids and have a great time but please do not hog all the songs.

Golfadj

This is exactly why "family hour" was implemented in the first place and yes, it is suppose to be FLEET WIDE. However, as you experienced....the rules are only as good as the Host that enforces them.

I would have complained immediately to the karaoke host and let them know that I expected them to adher to the fleet rules. If they still did not, I would have filed a formal complaint with the Staff Captain. (not the Ship Captain)

The Staff Captain handles all STAFF issues.

Nothing against kids (which is why I think it is fine that they have their hour to 1 1/2 hours of karaoke time) .... BUT I do not cruise to babysit someone else's kids all night.

You wouldn't happen to have a old Caper with their first name on it would you? Their first name would be in the Music Slot section of the Caper. I am just curious who it was....

Archived