Palermo - Monreale & Cefalu in one day??

Is it possible/reasonable to combine these two places in one day or would it be too much travel time?

I am looking at doing a tour with Romeinlimo whilst in Palermo in August. I am not really sure about the distance involved between both these interesting places.

Can anyone help?

Thanks;)

Jane, if you're looking to do a tour with romeinlimo, have you asked them about it? It may depend on how long you have in port etc.

It may be too much to do on your own, but ships seem to have them separately as 4 hour excursions, so if you have 8 hours........

I haven't been yet, but would have thought it was a possibility, especially on a private tour.

Thank you. Out of the two places - which would be your preference?

I would definitely choose Monreale. The Duomo is, in my opinion, the premier sight in the Palermo area. The town itself is a nice town in the hills above Palermo with very nice views of the bay.

Sparky,

Romeinlimo said it would be possible but would be a full day. My husband dislikes spending too much time in a car going from A to B. He prefers one place with time to wander around and relax.

I am not sure of the drive time between both places. Does anyone know?;);)

Sparky,

Romeinlimo said it would be possible but would be a full day. My husband dislikes spending too much time in a car going from A to B. He prefers one place with time to wander around and relax.

I am not sure of the drive time between both places. Does anyone know?;);)

You can well trust Jany @ romeinlimo re: time. I used them for a tour last month and agree with jwds' advice. Do Monreale. We loved it in spite of

torrential rain. Lovely views and photo ops both up and down to Monreale......which wasn't really that far out of town. This afforded us flexibility & several opportunities to have our driver, Lucca, add stops for each persons interests, ie. gelatto, flowers, a local market area, Capuchin Mummies (see Feb. issue of Nat'l Geographic:) )etc.

You're in good hands with rome in limo. Enjoy your day!

Martha

Is it possible/reasonable to combine these two places in one day or would it be too much travel time?

I am looking at doing a tour with Romeinlimo whilst in Palermo in August. I am not really sure about the distance involved between both these interesting places.

Can anyone help?

Thanks;)

It is possible to see both but you may not have very much time in each city. It is around an hour to get to Cefalu depending on traffic in Palermo. Luckily you can take the Autostrada most of the way. I would go to Cefalu first then Monerale so you are closer to Palermo in case you catch yourself strapped for time. According to my calculations you are looking at about 2:15-2:30 hours of time in the car. Good luck. I hope this helped.

It is possible to see both but you may not have very much time in each city. It is around an hour to get to Cefalu depending on traffic in Palermo. Luckily you can take the Autostrada most of the way. I would go to Cefalu first then Monerale so you are closer to Palermo in case you catch yourself strapped for time. According to my calculations you are looking at about 2:15-2:30 hours of time in the car. Good luck. I hope this helped.

Do not miss the catheral it is very old and very nice. ;)

Info on Cefalu

http://www.cefalu.it/guide.php?name=3-le-spiagge&lingua=en

Thank you Kendra - that is very helpful. We are in Palermo from 8am -7pm. I am still tempted to try and fit both places into the tour but my husband is not so keen.

Do you know how long/far Monerale is from Palermo?;)

Archived