Immagration Info - Please help....

karjoe

Sorry to ask the question again...I can't find the last post i put on. We are Uk citizens and will be flying from the Uk to Miami and picking up the Emerald on the 9th April 09 (first time cruisers - can't wait). We have filled in the on-line immagration information on the Princess web site. Can anyone please tell me if we need anything else (apart from maybe some info on the areoplane)....Would hate to travel all that way only to be told we haven't got all the required information.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Joe

Hi

We are also traveling this month to Miami from Uk and boarding the Caribbean Princess.

Ok what we did is follow the link on Princess website, feel in all your details then once approved (print off the approval) and keep it with your passport.

Then you will need to fill in Green card on the plane.

And thats it nice and easy.

Joe,

I wouldn't worry. I don't recall every going through immigration and doing anything to prepare for the process other than filling out the paperwork provided by the airline. That said, enjoy your trip and rid yourself of the hotwater bottle...nothing has to be all that well planned out.

Live fast, play hard, and be sure to leave a good looking corpse.

Joe,

I wouldn't worry. I don't recall every going through immigration and doing anything to prepare for the process other than filling out the paperwork provided by the airline.

Not exactly the best advice to give bearing in mind that UK citizens now have to apply online for ESTA approval before we can even check-in for a flight to the US which is addition to Visa Waiver form you need to complete on-board the flight too.

Not exactly the best advice to give bearing in mind that UK citizens now have to apply online for ESTA approval before we can even check-in for a flight to the US which is addition to Visa Waiver form you need to complete on-board the flight too.

I agree with what you say. The OP should just make sure that they fill in their green visa waiver form AS WELL AS applying for an ESTA clearance on line. I read one post where someone was told on the plane that they no longer needed to fill in the visa waiver and when they got to Immigration, after an hour wait in the queue, they were sent to the back to fill in the form:eek:

On our flight to Miami in January we were through Immigration in about 5 minutes whereas on the previous flight the year before, it took a good half an hour to get through. It just depends. I do think that US Immigration is getting a little more friendly now - we even had an officer who cracked a joke with us:D

Sorry to ask the question again...I can't find the last post i put on. We are Uk citizens and will be flying from the Uk to Miami and picking up the Emerald on the 9th April 09 (first time cruisers - can't wait). We have filled in the on-line immagration information on the Princess web site. Can anyone please tell me if we need anything else (apart from maybe some info on the areoplane)....Would hate to travel all that way only to be told we haven't got all the required information.

Joe

Hi - We are also on this cruise. We live in Houston but are meeting up with some old friends who live in Ireland and who are flying in and staying in Miami the night before the cruise. Hope to see you onboard!!

Shirleen and Shahnom

Joe

Just a tip about the CC board.

To find your prior posts, select the "Advanced Search" then select "All Forums".

Ignore the occasional snarky comment. They are few and far between. Not worth bothering with.

Have a great trip. :)

Archived