Charlottetown on July 1

We'll be in Charlottetown on July 1 (Canada Day) and its the only port of call on our east coast cruise that we have yet to determine what it is that we want to do.

The history buff in me is excited in that this is the place that is considered the cradle of Canadian confederation so what better place to be on the nation's birthday. The few things that did peak our interest on the list of our ship's shore excursions didn't show up online when we looked to see about booking and so I'm torn between doing some ship tour or just spending the day in Charlottetown by ourselves.

While I would like to see the city my only concern is that it being a holiday there will be a lot of closures. Is it still possible to tour Province House on the holiday? Are there any official city celebrations that are relatively easy to get to from the pier? What are the musts to see in a day in Charlottetown?

David

Whose hoping someone is not going to say Anne of Green Gables!:D

Archived