Best Snorkeling Belize?

snorkelingsearchers

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pasting my review below of Charlie's Charters for snorkeling in Belize. We went in Jan of this year and paid a little over $20 per person. I posted this review on another thread, but forgot to post the price. Hope this is helpful!

We were extremely lucky to stumble upon Charlie’s Charters during our recent cruise to Belize – we had an unbelievable time snorkeling off his boat! We tendered into Belize City from the Carnival Glory and tried looking around for a local to take the four of us (my fiance, his dad and grandma, and me) out on a boat. They were going to charge us $450 in Belize City, so we ended up taking a ferry over to Caye Caulker. We found a golf cart taxi driver who recommended Charlie and took us to Charlie’s house, where he keeps his boat. You have to walk through a sort of unkempt yard to get to the boat, so if you prissy or high maintenance, be forewarned! :)

It took a couple minutes for Charlie to start the boat, so some in our party were getting a bit anxious, but once it got started, we forgot all our worries. The water was amazingly clear and Charlie took us to 3 wonderful snorkeling sites. The first was “shark and ray alley”, where we swam with probably 30+ stingrays, and were the only people there! Then he led us on a guided snorkeling tour at the second site, and at the third site we stayed and snorkeled around for about an hour. The entire tour was about 2.5 hours long – perfect length of time to allow us to get back onto the cruise ship back in Belize City.

The important thing to note is that you should consider contacting Charlie directly to set this up before you go. That way, he can pick you up in Belize City and you can avoid the pricey middle men that we had to go through (the ferry and the golf cart taxi driver who charged us $20 for a 5 min ride!). His phone # is 501-667-6362. He doesn't have access to the internet, so unfortunately there's no website. Have fun!!

Archived