question about London overnight

GAJE

We recently booked the 28 day Baltic and Bordeaux Explorer for June, 2010. It departs from Greenwich, England. The itinerary looks like we board the ship on 6/23, stay in port overnight, and depart at 11 or 1 on the 24th.(can't remember which time). Anyway, how does this work? What time would we board on the 23rd? Have those of you who have had this experience found it satisfactory. Yes, I realize anytime we are on a ship to be more than satisfactory!! It just seemed to be an unusual scenerio to us. Thanks for any input - as always!!!

I don't know about the actual docking/etc, but you'll be in the Docklands area. The Cutty Sark is moored there...it was damaged by fire a few years ago, but worth a look-see. If you haven't been to London you'd enjoy a few days to explore. There are several hotel chains, I believe both Marriott and Hilton have properties under theirs or other hotel family names. It is not too far from Central London, either, but sometimes the Underground can be a mess and you'd probably prefer to use a taxi versus lugging your gear up/down and around!

Archived