sting ray city ever sold out?

lmran

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever been to GC and had the stingray city tour sold out at any of the vendors? I aks b/c we recently went over Feb. vacation and the seas were very rough. SO much so, that it really ruined the experience. We didnt even get in the water as the seas were over our head and very choppy. In my opinion, they should not have even operated the tour that day. When we signed in for our excursion (we booked on our own, not through the ship) the mentioned the water was choppy but doable. I really wish I would have questioned more what they meant by choppy. I just assumed they would not run the excursion if it was too rough. In any case, there was no snorkling after stingray city b/c it was just not possible to do it. SO, DH and I have decided not to book this excursion again until we arrive in port and get a feel for what the ocean is like first. Im just wondering if anyone has attempted to sign up in port only to be told they were sold out. Thanks.

In case you are wondering, no, I didnt ask for a refund. We paid $97 for 2 adults a child who was 4 and our 2 year old was free. We basically got 1 1/2 hour boat ride out of it (in which ds got seasick). Yes, I could have complained and I would like to believe they would have refunded my money, but, I just didnt feel like bothering to do it.

Archived