Review of Paradise Beach

stinger

Tom it was a pleasure to meet you and sorry this review took a week to do but as promised here it is.

This is a review of Paradise Beach from a first time cruiser who was in Cozmel for the first time last Tuesday November 16th.

For those who are wondering the DW and I had taken many of what was recommended on this board and let me say thank you to all the posters they have been great we would still would have had a great time, but I can honestly say that thanks to this board it was and even more enjoyable trip.

Tom let me say that you have a 1st rate facility there in Cozmel; we were not sure what we going to get. Let me reiterate what people are saying about this place is true. It was fabulous.

When we first arrived by taxi ($12 per taxi from the pier) we entered through the main bar area and was greeted by a lovely lady asking if we would like to purchase for $5 a wrist band for all the water activities. The wife and I both did and 1 min later we were off to find a good spot.

Now before making the turn out of the bar you mind wonders something like "ok it this place going to stack up to what was said, or am I gong to look like an idiot for recommending this place." Well thank goodness for this time it was not the latter (married men you know :D ).

As you turn the corner you are greeted with beautiful powder sand with a lot more chairs and space than I expected. This beach had a lot of activity but was not intrusive or seemed to be overly crowded. The DW and I found a spot we liked and had just sat down when we approached by a waiter who welcomed us and asked if needed anything. We told him that we had just came from the ship, where we back for lunch, and we didn't need anything for a while I told him to check back in about 30 min by then we will probably need something to drink then. He did not approach us again until 35-40 min later like I requested and the wife had a daiquiri and I had a beer to start.

I will say this that wait staff was not intrusive at all. They were there when you need something and would occasionally come by to see if you needed anything, but they were not bullish or hovering while we are there. Tom we really appreciated that we were there to relax and you and your staff did a great job with that.

After laying, relaxing, and soaking up the sun we decide to see if what they said was true about the toys being included. (We are from Missouri show the term "Show Me" really holds true :D ) So we walked up to the Kayaks and the men working there welcomed us to PB and handed us life jackets, my wife got in first and me in the back, we paddled (by we I mean me) but luckily for me the waves were not large at all so it was easy to get out into the water and I did not have to look like an idiot.

A word of advice if you have read any at all on this board you would read that PB does have rocks in the water as you enter the beach. This was true but it not like you are entering over a reef. They are a few not very large ones in the water, but they are not everywhere and easy to get around since you can see them in the water since it is clear.

The DW and I kayaked all the way around they area talked to people who were snorkeling to see if they have found anything some had and some had not. We then moved over to watch those climb the iceberg and jump on the trampoline (pretty funny at times). We out on the Kayak for about 20-25 min., it was nice just float about there and look at everything a just talk to one another.

When we returned the kayak we were already wet so we decided to go snorkeling, since we were not able to go in Grand Cayman due to waves. Know I know snorkeling at PB is in no way like going to Grand Cayman, but the DW had never done it so we said why not. We went to get our gear, just to let you know there is a $20 deposit per person on the snorkel equipment that is promptly returned to you after you return it. We got about half way out, must have hit it at the right time but we saw several different fish many that didn’t swim away. Others who we talked to don't have that same luck.

After kayaking and snorkeling we were pretty well spent so back to the beach for another round and some chip and guacamole (highly recommend). We then relaxed chatted with others around us.

Next I decided to treat the DW and myself to a Message on the beach. She didn't know there was a place there to do it. We both were in heaven, having a massage on the beach with the ocean waves in the background -awesome.

We then ordered another round and hit the hammocks for a while and then back to chairs.

All I can say is what a way to spend an afternoon. I believe we were there for around 4 and 1/2 hours. And believe me what deal, had we know it was going to be this good we may have skipped the shopping in the morning, well I might have doubt I could convince the DW of that, but next time we are in Cozmel I am going to try. And now that she has been there it probably will not be that hard of sell to spend the day there.

Can you bring your own snorkeling gear? There will be 9 of us in our group, does it seem to be enough chairs together, or are they spread out some what. does the 5 dollars get you the sue of all beach equipment? what kinds of things are there to do at Tom's?

From reading the boards the massages are a dollar a minute - 15 minute minimum.

You can bring your own snorkel gear and $5.00 per person does cover any water equipment at PB.

I have a question about the deposit for the snorkel gear - does it have to be cash or do they do credit card holds?

Sounds like Paradise!

How much were the massages, if you don't mind me asking?

It was a dollar a minute alot cheaper than it was on the ship plus the surrounding scenery is a lot better. ;)

Can you bring your own snorkeling gear? There will be 9 of us in our group, does it seem to be enough chairs together, or are they spread out some what. does the 5 dollars get you the sue of all beach equipment? what kinds of things are there to do at Tom's?
Tom can fill you in more if he wants but while we where there there I saw 1 or 2 large groups ( that is 6 - 8 people), and there was plenty of room and chairs left.

As for what they have for water toys and such for the $5 you get to use the snorkel equipment, kayaks, water trampoline, and the iceburg, and last but not least they have mats just to float on. IMO a great deal for $5. I did notice and it was clearly marked as such that you could rent, I am sorry but I don't remember the correct name, a machine that you can take underwater and use.

Also right next door, and I mean 20 feet from the bar you can rent jet ski's, parasail, or banna boat out in the ocean.

I have a question about the deposit for the snorkel gear - does it have to be cash or do they do credit card holds?
Not sure about the deposit, Tom or someone else will hopefullly answer (we used cash) although I do know that that the bar and resturant does take credit cards.

Hope that helps

stinger...hey guys, nice meeting you, glad we lived up to your expectations! Sounds like you had the perfect beach day, and thanx for posting your review...hasta la vista!

Bobby socks...we have over 300 chairs, so chances are you can all sit together. Of course if there are a LOT of cruise ships that day, you might want to come down as soon as you can to ensure your spot for 9!

stinger covered the rest of your questions quite ably...ty stinger! oh, and sea u onboard!

sea u onboard...a $20USD refundable cash deposit is required.

Archived