Anyone miss this port due to weather?

jlmza2350

I am planning on going to Jaguar Paw in two weeks. There is 8 of us. They have a policy of a non refundable deposit if not canceled 24 hours in advance.

My question is has anyone missed this port due to weather (obviously excluding Hurricanes) or any other reason?

Out of my 2 cruises, we made it both times. Once in May, once in October with bad weather.

Please write a review of Jaguar Paw when you get back! I think we are going to book them for the zip-lining and Jungle Tumble for my upcoming cruise!

I would think...unfortunately...that the potential is there...to miss the port. That chance exists with ANY port....tendered or not. But this is a tendered port...and you actually have to tender quite a ways off the shore....anyhow....so of course that chance exists. Any of the places we have ever booked with...have never charged us...if your ship got in late or missed the port altogether.

I am planning on going to Jaguar Paw in two weeks. There is 8 of us. They have a policy of a non refundable deposit if not canceled 24 hours in advance.

My question is has anyone missed this port due to weather (obviously excluding Hurricanes) or any other reason?

This is exactly why many folks are starting to avoid JAG due to their refund policy. It is crazy of them to pemalize a guest just because the ship is unable to arrive due to weather or other issues that cannot be controlled by a paying guest. Now if there is a now show, but the ship arrives (which JAG could easily find out !), thats a different story all together !

I thought I read a recent posting that mentioned a new dock in Belize, built by Royal Caribbean but used by other lines when there is no RC ship in port. Does anyone know if that is correct? On our cruise docs (Carnival) it only shows Grand Cayman as a tender port, so wondered if we are going to be lucky at Belize and not have to tender :D I would think that would lessen the chance of missing the port due to bad weather/rough seas.

Belize is surrounded by a reef...I do not believe any ship will ever be able to dock there. That's why you have such a long tender ride into port.

I have been there 3 times and never missed this port.

Weather isn't the only reason you can miss a port. My first cruise we had a medical emergency and arrived to a port very late because we had to turn around to drop someone off in Grand Cayman. That could happen anywhere at anytime.

Archived