Help me round out my day

PhxPhin

My wife and I are about 2 weeks out from arriving in St Thomas and are looking for suggestions on how to fill in the gaps.

We are coming in on the Crown which will have us in port from 7am to 4pm. It also comes into Crown Bay.

We plan to stay on the ship and have breakfast then head off and grab a cab to Magens Bay. We would like to spend a couple hours there.

We aren't that big into shopping, however we wouldn't mind doing some casual browsing. Figured we could go up on the tram ride for the views then give a quick peek around the shopping and head back to the boat.

Any suggestions on something we could plug into the middle? Be it an interesting place to check out for lunch. A good walk/hike. Another beach or interesting/historical attraction?

We realize we probably would have a mild time constraint for this additional activity - but would probably be bored taking that extra time into just laying at Magens Bay or shopping.

Many thanks!

You're not in port for all that long. You'll need to be back on board your ship no later than 3:30 and you probably won't be off your ship until some time between 8-9:00 in the morning. It is possible to head to Magen's first thing in the morning and then have a cab take you to the tram at around 11-12:00. The tram is located across the street from Havensight, which is a duty free shopping center and which is where the other cruise ship dock is located. You should have time left to stroll around Havensight and then grab a cab at around 3:00 to take you back to Crown Bay.

yeah - just trying to fill out another 60 minutes on a rough sketch.

Is there anything neat around the towns by the docks that don't involve shopping? Any can't miss places to grab a lunch and maybe just relax for an hour?

The way it looks for me right now would be off the boat at 9. At Magens Bay around 9:30. Leave there at around 11:30 and get back toward the tram around noon. A couple hours of that & browsing and it's now 2.

Just looking for something that we could do around the tram area or on the way back from Magens to kill an hour.

Shopping probably holds the least amount of appeal so I'd like to have that at the end of my day for two reason. The first is that it's close to the ship. The second is that if something needs to be cut short, it can be that.

I've found some walks online, but most estimate a 2-3 hour span to complete............

There's a Butterfly Farm at Havensight you can visit to kill some time. And, it should be walkable from the tram.

Or, you can just have a cab drop you off in town to walk around for an hour or so. Fort Christian is in town and should be re-opened by now -- it had undergone renovations. Hopefully someone who lives on the island can chime in and provide an update.

I have to say that I would take a tour all over again! We just got back from St Thomas and we took Mr Godfrey's tour on suggestion from these boards. We were impressed. You can choose a leaving time for shopping in the Am then he picks you up at noon and he tours the whole Island. We rode in a seperate truck with a female guide that he uses when overbooked and she was really nice and informative. They drive you up to sky world that is higher than the sky ride! Then give you about 2 hours at a beach. I told him I wanted to snorkel and he suggested that the two couples that wanted to snorkel go to Coki beach. I had a blast snorkeling and I scuba dive! He will take you to Maegans Bay if you wish and they charge you $4 to get in the beach area. I don't know why. Kinda' Island rape I guess. We gave the tenders at Coki $5 bucks for a lounge chair rental and no one messed with our stuff. It is a full day that flies by so take a tour!

Archived