walkie talkies

Sam's Club has a great deal on two Motorola units with vibra alert, 5 mile range, and rechargable for $59.87. Others also available. http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?n=0&oidPath=0%3a-23541%3a-27181%3a-27282%3a733637&coe=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0433825550.1083211401_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccdgadclemfiglhcfkfcfkjdgoodflg.0.

Besides the internet they are available in most Sam's stores.

Carnival Ecstasy, March 1993

Celebrity Millennium, Caribbean, Jan 2002

Coral Princess, Panama Canal Feb. 2, 2003 (Review)

Celebrity Summit, Alaska Land (Land Tour Review) & Sea (Cruise Review), Aug. 15,2003

Navigator of the Seas, Family Reunion, March 13, 2004

(Review)

Celebrity Infinity, Valparaiso(Santiago), Chile to Fort Lauderdale, via Panama Canal, Feb. 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

They are invaluable on the ships, especially if you are with a large group or have children with you. We inadvertently left them home on one of our sailings and were lost without them.

vine.gif

UNTIL I SET SAIL ON THE JEWEL OF THE SEAS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

2hulagirls.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you give your kids a walkie talkie when they leave your house? If you don't, then why do you need them on a ship? Pick a time to check in ahead of time. Face to face communication works really well instead of using an electronic babysitter. Leave them at home.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe its because I went to a private school, but I would say 98% of the kids at my school had cell phones. If cell phones worked on the ship, my family would use them! However, since they don't - walkie talkies are the next best thing. On our cruise on the Explorer a few years ago, we rented the ship's cell phones, which were great. They had a vibrate feature, we could call eachother, and rooms on the ship. This past time on the Mariner, we didn't rent them for some reason. It definately made finding eachother MUCH hard. One night I spent 2 hours looking for my brother! With a walkie talkie, I would have been able to find him in no time.

As long as you are considerate when you use them, I think Walkie Talkies, and cell phones on land, are great tools.

bensjamin3: Remember the key word is considerate. A lot of people with them aren't, just like they aren't when using their cell phones. icon_wink.gif

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

<MARQUEE>RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004 </MARQUEE>

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

det38.gif Stanley Cup 2004!

Win Wings 4 Predators 2 On to round 2

Wings 1 Flames 2

I have two of the 5 mile Motorola WT's. It says we need an FCC license. I gotta believe that is for use only in the U.S. The FCC shouldn't be monitoring walkie talkie use in foreign countries.

Anyone been hassled by the FCC overseas for walkie-talkie use?

loumiles

quote:

----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

LOL , .......NO ,thats because the useless things can't even be monitored aboard the ship.

er.. I mean heard in most places onboard the ship.

Alaska (my BIG 50)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;8;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

• 5 years later...

Nope, not the FCC however the foreign Jails are not quite as comfortable as the US jails. :eek:

What is legal in the US/CN/MX is not legal in other countries/ports :cool:

I have two of the 5 mile Motorola WT's. It says we need an FCC license. I gotta believe that is for use only in the U.S. The FCC shouldn't be monitoring walkie talkie use in foreign countries.

You can rent them on board but it won't cost much less to rent than to buy your own pair before the trip. If you are buying, get the 5 mile range units. The 2 mile range units don't work that well on a Voyager class ship

We have had the 2 mile range on a ship before and had varrying success.:mad: We don't take them anymore (just use the house phone/communicate with each other before separating/leave notes, etc):cool: but they are used lots with family/groups. Same advice as posted here, just be respectful of those around you:) and you won't make too many enemies.:eek:

Archived