Is it possible - Trunk Bay AND St. Thom Shopping

Kre8tiv1

Will be in St. Thomas and don’t want to miss the fun of shopping, but also don’t want to miss the beauty of Trunk Bay in St. John.

Is it possible to do both in one day? We will be there from 7am – 6pm.

Thanks!

Yes, if you are the sort that can get up early and be off the ship early. If you can do that and be at Trunk Bay by 9 am, you can spend 3-4 hours there. Depending on how much shopping you want to do, you can then plan to catch either the 1:15 ferry from Cruze Bay to Charlotte Amalie, which will get you into town about 2 pm, or the 2:15 ferry, which gets to Charlotte Amalie around 3 pm. Once you're finished shopping, it's a 5-minute taxi ride to either cruise dock.

Yes, if you are the sort that can get up early and be off the ship early. If you can do that and be at Trunk Bay by 9 am, you can spend 3-4 hours there. Depending on how much shopping you want to do, you can then plan to catch either the 1:15 ferry from Cruze Bay to Charlotte Amalie, which will get you into town about 2 pm, or the 2:15 ferry, which gets to Charlotte Amalie around 3 pm. Once you're finished shopping, it's a 5-minute taxi ride to either cruise dock.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I think we can do that (be up and out early). I will be motivated by shopping, so it shouldn't be too hard. The DH on the other hand -- now that might be a challenge.

I guess we would have to find our own way to Trunk Bay, since the tours are probably full day excursions that get you back to the ship just in time to depart.

Does anyone know what time the Princess Trunk Bay tours get you back to St. Thomas?

you could just take the ferry over to st johns from either down town or from the east end dock to st john "cruz bay" and from there pick up one of the many open air shuttles "3-5.00 pp each way' to trunk bay, they run back and forth all day , the ferry's from east end run at lease every hour maybe more, ferry is around 3-5$ pp each way also, taxi from the cruise ship pier to east end to catch ferry is about 20-30min ride depending on traffic, and should be no more then $15-20.oo for a party of 4

You can easily do both. We caught the 9am ferry from Red Hook to Cruz Bay. We were on the beach less than an hour later. We then caught the 2pm ferry back to Red Hook and still had a few hours for shopping.

We did our shopping at Havensight where the ship was docked however we just as easily could have gone into the downtown area.

I'm really glad to hear that it's pretty easy to get to Trunk Bay and back to St. Thomas to shop.

Are there a wide variety of shops where the ship is docked, or is it better to go into town?

Are there a wide variety of shops where the ship is docked, or is it better to go into town?

I think it depends what you are looking for. We were shopping for liquor and a new watch for my DH and there were plenty of stores that offered these. We knew what we wanted and didn't have the need to go into town. Certainly there are more stores in town but I found the selection at Havensight to be quite good.

Archived