TruTravel insurance came through!

clerky96

It had been more than 5 months since I filed the claim. Since we cancelled for medical reasons, the main hold-up was getting the medical records to them. I had to request them twice before Seven Corners finally received them. Everyone that I dealt with there was very nice, but one discouraging thing was that a couple of months went by before they contacted us and let us know the claim was still pending because they had not received the records. Another couple of months and I called them, only to be told they still had not received the medical records. Had to request them to be sent yet again, and finally they received them. Took another month for the claim to be processed and a check to be sent. But we did get it. I figured with all the time that had passed that they were just stalling and we would never get paid. I have used them again for a short cruise, but from now on we will have to buy an insurance with a pre-existing condition clause. While TruTravel does have this as an add-on, by the time you add the extra premium there isn't much savings over the rest of the insurances.

Three weeks! Wow, that was quick. We faxed what could be faxed, but the medical records for the 60 days prior to the cancellation were quite intensive (DH had cardiac by-pass surgery during this time period), so faxing so much was not an option. Also, the records had to come from half-way across the country (for some reason our clinic hires this done out of Georgia). Even though the problem that caused us to cancel (he developed a bleeding disorder) had nothing to do with the heart surgery, they had to review every little stinking report during those 60 days. Although we were justified in the cancellation, I figured they would try to find some little "blurb" in the records that they would use as an excuse to deny the claim. But they didn't. I am happy that we were able to finally collect. Since we had paid for this cruise so long ago, it feels like we just got money for a free cruise.:D

You always hope you won't need the insurance--BUT darn glad you have it when you need it. We always take it out for that "just incase" and "what If" thoughts that are at the back of our mind. It's there for the peace of mind if you need it or not.

Archived