Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

thanks. i am a little confused by total weight and cruise weight. Does that mean current weight and goal weight by cruise?

My start weight is 156

Current weight 155

goal by cruise in Feb 140

35 y.o. and 5'3"

You are correct in the current weight and goal weight. We just do it by Cruise weight for the goal.

I am not mean... I am very mean!!!!!!! You better run up those stairs a hundred times Drill Sargeant Matt!!!! c011.gif

I also want your measurements this month!!!!! c011.gif

Take care and think of us in the next 2 days. Tomorrow is our 25th anniversary as a couple and Wednesday is our 20th anniversary as a married couple!!! c020.gifc020.gif

Don't you worry, just jogged up the steps into work today.

I will try and remember the measurements. It is tough to remember all that.

And Happy 25th anniversary today and a pre-happy 20th anniversary.

I've been busy around the house finishing up some projects.... so I hadn't run since last Thursday. I got on the treadmill and ran for 65 minutes tonight and guess what? I'm already sore and achy. That was silly of me to do that.

Danger, Danger, Danger... I let each of my kids (I've got 4) pick out a favorite baked good for the holiday. Thus far I've commited to making lemon bars, gingerbread, spritz cookies, and one to-be-determined goodie. This will not be good! I can't help myself with those goodies!

I've set a goal that I can't exceed 3 pounds from my current weight or I have to stop all goodies. Seriously!

Today I was 111.9 - not sure how that happened but I weighed myself 4 times and it kept saying the same number. Doubting the scale, I did a little test. I added more clothes to see if it would add weight and sure enough it did. So I guess watching what I've been eating despite not running every day has been ok.

Gonna go to bed now..

Take care all.

B

I know what you mean Brenda. I have been watching what I eat and not doing much exercise. I have been staying the same. But I plan to start a wii fit exercise routine once xmas is here. I got the wife and me a Wii, Wii Fit, and the new mario game as we love the old super mario games. These are gifts from the cats though.

Ha ha!!!! Gifts from the cats. :D:D

I would love to get a wii fit - exercise made fun. I'm sure you hardly know you are getting "fit" while playing. :p

I did treadmill "lite" tonight - I only ran 30 minutes and didn't do any weights. Tomorrow I have a dinner to attend with my hubby so I won't run then.....

Dare I say that it has been really cold here - it was 44 degrees when I left for work this am! I know, we are so wimpy with cold.

Take care,

B

Ha ha!!!! Gifts from the cats. :D:D

I would love to get a wii fit - exercise made fun. I'm sure you hardly know you are getting "fit" while playing. :p

I did treadmill "lite" tonight - I only ran 30 minutes and didn't do any weights. Tomorrow I have a dinner to attend with my hubby so I won't run then.....

Dare I say that it has been really cold here - it was 44 degrees when I left for work this am! I know, we are so wimpy with cold.

Take care,

B

I will take that 44 over my 22. But I do love the cold. It is snowing here which means it won't be long until they open the ski slopes and I get out there to teach snowboarding on the weekends again.

So in the past I have lost 75 lbs. And then we moved ok 4 years ago now and now I have quit smoking a year ago. Now i'm up 60 pounds. So still down 15. I will be starting Weight Watcher again tomorrow. Would like to be down 25 poinds by my March 19th cruise. We'll see but it would be much easier with help from you all, who have some of the same issues as myself and also love to cruise.

I am 36 as of this past week and live in Minnesota and it's a bit chilly here, -1 this morning. I am happily married and have 2 girls ages 6 and 9. And work part time as a nursing assistant in a childrens hospital. And am going on a cruise with my best friend of 25 years who just got divorced and needs to get a way, so I suggested just the 2 of us get away, no kids no hubby's. That's what friends are for right, my happiness and love of cruising had nothing to do with it:)

I'm on my way to WW right now. I will take your challange Matt. I don't have to run up and down do I? I do have knee issues and hopefully those will get better as I lose weight. We have a split level house so I suppose that means both sets of stairs. Yeah I can't wait. I'll check back in when I get back.

Thanks

So we post here on Monday??? Right now I'm 260.2, cruise I'd like to be 240 and total to lose I'll start with 100 so 160, then go from there. But right now I would like to focus on losing the 20 for the cruise. Anything else that I need to know? Thank you in advance for the support.

I know you are not due back home until early tomorrow morning, but wanted to have this message waiting for you.

Back to reality! I hope your weather in Quebec is better than ours. It has been very cold here in Ohio the past week.

Hope you had a great anniversary cruise and enjoyed all of the ports. I have been in Barbados, but only as a port stop on the Monarch of the Seas in 1997. I would love to go back, but it won't be for a year or two.

Linda

I'm on my way to WW right now. I will take your challange Matt. I don't have to run up and down do I? I do have knee issues and hopefully those will get better as I lose weight. We have a split level house so I suppose that means both sets of stairs. Yeah I can't wait. I'll check back in when I get back.

Thanks

No you do not have to run up the stairs. Hmm.. as for the split level... your challenge is to work just one set of the stairs for now. Then if your knees aren't feeling the pain too much, then you can work your way up to both sets.

Nothing else you really need to know, besides us being a good group that likes to have fun with one another on here. We joke around a lot.

Monday is the weigh in and first monday of the month, Missou asks us to send in our measurements. But I just keep forgetting to get them to her.

Concentrate on the cruise weight goal for now. After that, then we can work towards your goal weight.

These are gifts from the cats though.

We now have a purring Drill Sargeant on our group... Want a treat sargeant Kitty?? :D:D

I did treadmill "lite" tonight - I only ran 30 minutes and didn't do any weights. Tomorrow I have a dinner to attend with my hubby so I won't run then..... Don't hurt yourself now!!

You can say that again!!!

Take care,

B

So in the past I have lost 75 lbs. And then we moved ok 4 years ago now and now I have quit smoking a year ago. Now i'm up 60 pounds. So still down 15. I will be starting Weight Watcher again tomorrow. Would like to be down 25 poinds by my March 19th cruise. We'll see but it would be much easier with help from you all' date=' who have some of the same issues as myself and also love to cruise.

I am 36 as of this past week and live in Minnesota and it's a bit chilly here, -1 this morning. I am happily married and have 2 girls ages 6 and 9. And work part time as a nursing assistant in a childrens hospital. And am going on a cruise with my best friend of 25 years who just got divorced and needs to get a way, so I suggested just the 2 of us get away, no kids no hubby's. That's what friends are for right, my happiness and love of cruising had nothing to do with it:)[/quote']

Welcome to our group, make yourself at home!!!

I hope Vickey is doing ok these days. I hope to hear from her soon!!

I back to were I started this morning... I am at 164 :eek: I am happy because a 6 pounds gain in 18 days of vacation is not to much.

My goal was to lose the weight I gained by Christmas... That is in 10 days... I don't know if it will be possible...

I will be back on the Gazelle this afternoon. For now, I will go and run some errands while DD has a driving lesson.

Take care everyone and I'll be waiting for your measurements Sargeant Kitty ;):D:D

OK so I'm not going to weigh in this week as my WW weigh in is on Fri and will post those results the next Mon.

Working on the stairs slowly but I am walking on the treadmill and doing 3 miles anywhere between 55-60 min. worth. Slow but steady

I feel great and I am happy to have people to talk to on here to help keep me motivated

Thanks.

Welcome back Missou...details, details, etc. of your trip as soon as you can please.

Well I had my gall bladder out this afternoon. All went well I think. I actually feel pretty good. The dr told my DH that my gall bladder was twice the size it should be and the stone was huge.

Off to bed.

Marsha

Welcome back Missou!!!! Just think, if you hadn't lost any weight before your cruise you would have that much more to lose now! :p Sounds like you had a great time and we're glad you are back. And as Marsha said... details please. Even a photo or two would be great.

Marsha: I hope you heal very quickly. Yikes! a double XL gallbladder - that sounds very painful. I'm glad you have that behind you.

Ok, guys....The good news I ran today, did my arm weights, did my stairs (thank you very much Sarge Matt) and I ate just ok... I did have some pizza for dinner but the rest of the day was good.

The not so good news...my weight today was 112.5 so I'm up a little over 1/2 lb. from last week. I'm pacing myself with the Christmas goodies - I have to cut myself off if I gain over 3 lbs.... so far, so good. However, Christmas is still a week and a half away and I haven't done my serious baking yet. :eek:

Seriously though, I just want to eat anything that has a nut, is frosted, has some sugar sprinkles, or has been dipped in chocolate!! Why can't I crave celery sticks or cucumbers? sigh....

Take care all,

B

A have an accute case of PDD... Post-Departure Depression :(:( My roof was leaking tonight and we had to go in the attick to patch things up :mad:

Talk about a nice welcome!!! :eek:

My exercises today were snow removal and attick contorsions :):)

Good morning everyone!!

I feel so bad!! My back feels like crap and my legs too :(:rolleyes:

Time for me to get ready to go see my orthopedist and I don't feel like going out, but I have to :(:(

I want to go back in the sun!!! :o:o

Take care and have a nice day!

Seriously though, I just want to eat anything that has a nut, is frosted, has some sugar sprinkles, or has been dipped in chocolate!! Why can't I crave celery sticks or cucumbers? sigh....

Take care all,

B

I love cucumbers. We have about one a week at home.

But you could crave them. Just dip them in chocolate, add some frosting and sprinkles, and maybe a nut on top. Then you could have your craving for them.

But I feel your pain. I love sweets and this is the worst time of year for it. All the Xmas cookies. Plus at work, people are bringing in candy and cookies. Got to work hard to ignore them.

Archived