Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hello everyone!!

Today was good for me. I went on the AKP, did 5 miles in 30 minutes on my bicycle and now, I will go in my stairs do some 1000 steps. Might be a good idea for me to start doing more ups and downs. It is good for my knee. I will also start the Hip Hop Abs again, my knee feels a lot better thanks to the bicycle and the stairs.

Here is our new table on which I have included our %. The % will be calculated like Matt has suggested. It will also be calculated every week.

Lets say a person weighing 150 and 250 are in a competition with one another. They are doing the percent lost. and the 150 loses 3 pounds in one week and the 250 loses 5 pounds. 5/250 = 2% and 3/150 = 2%. So they both lost the same amount of %age, but 250 lost more weight.

Matt34hew

SW.....220 lbs

TW....200....196..196.6..196.....194.8...195...201....200....199.4....199....199.6....200....200....200....199.... 199....200....199....199.4....200....200....199....199....199....198....199.6....201....199....199 lbs

CW....180 lbs

Weekly weight lost....0 lbs

Total....21 lbs

To Goal....19 lbs

Biggest Losers % of the week.... 0%

Total Biggest Losers %....0%

Missou

SW....165 lbs

TW....162.5....161.4...159.2....161.4...162.8....160.8....161.8...163.2...164....161....163.8....161....161.6....160.6....159.2....158.6....159.2....160.4....158.6....158....164....156.2....161.2....161.5....159.4 lbs

CW....135 lbs

Weekly weight lost....2.1 lbs

Total....5.6 lbs

To Goal....24.4

OrdiJ

SW....177 lbs

TW....174.4 lbs

CW....160 lbs

Weekly weight lost....2.6 lbs

Total weight lost.... 2.6 lbs

To goal....14.4 lbs

Take care and have a nice evening!!

Good morning everyone!!

Today, I will go on the AKP, on the cycling-rowing machine, on the Gazelle, on the treadmill and in my stairs. I need to do some cardio if I want to lose some pounds and my tummy!!

Take care!

NB: The % for the biggest losers contest will be calculated with yesterday's weight and the total biggest losers weight lost of every week. In 3 months, I will divide the total amount of pounds lost in 13 weeks by yesterday's weight. The result will give us our biggest loser. The contest will finish on April 12th. May we all reach our goals!!!

I wish I would have more time. I just have so much going on at our house that I don't have the time to do a good 30 minute workout.

I am in the process of finishing the painting in our upstairs hallway, need to install a ceiling light, sand and paint in the living room (including edging) and hanging more pictures.

Good morning guys! Matt, stop making excuses and give yourself the time you need. You could wake up a little earlier to do your workout, you could do something at lunch time, a power walk with some collegues would be good for you and them. We can always find the time if we want to... That is something I try to tell myself for other things in my life... Doesn't always work :mad::D

You can do it, I know you can!!!

I know that I could make time.. but the thing is stuff keeps coming up when I am planning to work out.. Yesterday i was going to go snowboarding for 3 hours.. but i had to go get my phone fixed as it stopped working.

I plan to do some stuff tonight.. we shall see what I can do.

Wow, it seems like just me and you are here missou.

I did my Wii Fit workout last night for an hour. It was a good workout. I spent a lot more time on Strength and Yoga exercises. Did about half hour of that and then did a "bike ride" that took me 30 minutes to finish.

I have also been going up the stairs at work more often (always in the morning and usually one other time during the day).

Hi Matt!! The important thing is that we stick together on this journey. It is one that we started almost a year ago and we are going to see the end of it soon. 2010 started 14 days ago and at the end of the day, I will have done a workout on 13 of those days. I have started a challenge on MyFitnessPal.com to do somekind of activity everyday in 2010 and it is really motivating. A few members have joined me, 11 of them actually and I even got Hubby to participate too :p:D He is at 9/14 :)

I am glad you have started to exercise again, you will finally get rid of your plateau.

Today, I will do my buns and thighs Pilates DVD, I will go on the Gazelle, in the stairs and on the AKP. Since I increased the level of difficulty, even if it is actually harder, it seems to be easier. My abs are getting stronger and my belly will finally subside :D:D I feel great!!! :cool:

Keep on moving for it is our new lifestyle!!

Well i knew Ordie would pop back in, but me and you check everyday.

I did some painting last night and jogged the stairs this morning. Not easy to do when you have a horrible cough. Tomorrow is snowboard lessons all day, so I will probably be out riding for most of the day. Great Exercise there.

I am hoping the plateau goes away.

Good morning!! Today, I am at 158.6. That is a 0.8 lbs loss for this week. I am very happy!!! The only thing that troubles me is that I only have 14 days left to acheive my monthly goal and reach 155. Still, a loss is a loss and I'll take it!!!

Have a nice week everyone!!!

Good morning Missou. Well I am reporting in at 197.8 this week. a good 1.2 pound loss. I think it was my Saturday on the slopes. I taught 3 lessons straight, but was out there for a good 5 hours of nonstop boarding (if you could the time that I had to help people by teaching them to stand up and do some basics).

But as Missou said, a loss is a loss.

Also, my wife and I are planning to do a 4th of July cruise. We are thinking of leaving from Tampa and doing the Western Carib again, this time with my cousin and her husband, who just got back from the Western Carib.

Matt, you finally got out of the 199-200 plateau!!! Good for you!! Keep on going and you will reach 195 soon!!

Ordie, good job on your workout!! I would need your weight-in for this week so I can post our table.

Speak to you later :)

Hi There,

A vacation the usual motivation for weight loss , until...........I had a wake up call

I booked a surprise cruise for my hubbies 50th (March 4th) We'll be on the Summit on Feb 27th and I decided I better look at getting fit and loosing some weight..

I joined Weight Watchers 'between Christmas and New Year' registered for the e-tools ( love them) and signed up for Curves, they took my blood pressure & to my absolute HORROR my Blood pressure was 188/108 so now my focus is on sustained weight loss and exercise to bring my blood pressure down.. I'm enjoying curves but am trying different things as well, I've ordered a couple of dance DVD's as I love music and thought I might just 'boogie' around the house! I realize this is NOT about feeling good for a cruise but a lifestyle change and that not only means getting healthy but staying healthy!

I had always felt that although overweight I was 'healthy' I never ate processed, convenience or junk foods, I'd have helpings of fresh veggies every night and make everything from scratch.The only cans I ever open were tomatoes...My big no no is that I loved to drench everything in fresh homemade sauces usually involving cream, cheese, wines etc..

I had to step back and honestly re-evaluate my eating habits.. Latte and Apple Bran muffin for breakfast... :mad: That had to go.. replaced with coffee with 1 Tbls of half & half or Choice herbal Teas.. and Oatbran, blueberries, 1/2 banana, cinnammon & skim milk.

50 X 50 ~~ I want to loose 50 Lbs by 50 which will be March 2011, 14 months away...

Start Weight : 186.8

Week 1: 181.2 - 5.6

Week 2: 178.4 - 2.8 Total -8.4 lb loss

Blood Pressure:~188/108

Week 1:~~~~ 176/104

Week 2: ~~~~ 164/103

Matt, you finally got out of the 199-200 plateau!!! Good for you!! Keep on going and you will reach 195 soon!!

Ordie, good job on your workout!! I would need your weight-in for this week so I can post our table.

Speak to you later :)

Yeah, and I am hoping to continue with it. Got some bad news that my cousin and cousin in law are not going to be able to cruise with us in July. They are going to be saving for a house and want to make sure to have the money for the payment.

But we talked about a winter cruise or a summer next year together. We are thinking of Disney or Universal Studios now for just us.

Hi There,

A vacation the usual motivation for weight loss , until...........I had a wake up call

I booked a surprise cruise for my hubbies 50th (March 4th) We'll be on the Summit on Feb 27th and I decided I better look at getting fit and loosing some weight..

I joined Weight Watchers 'between Christmas and New Year' registered for the e-tools ( love them) and signed up for Curves, they took my blood pressure & to my absolute HORROR my Blood pressure was 188/108 so now my focus is on sustained weight loss and exercise to bring my blood pressure down.. I'm enjoying curves but am trying different things as well, I've ordered a couple of dance DVD's as I love music and thought I might just 'boogie' around the house! I realize this is NOT about feeling good for a cruise but a lifestyle change and that not only means getting healthy but staying healthy!

I had always felt that although overweight I was 'healthy' I never ate processed, convenience or junk foods, I'd have helpings of fresh veggies every night and make everything from scratch.The only cans I ever open were tomatoes...My big no no is that I loved to drench everything in fresh homemade sauces usually involving cream, cheese, wines etc..

I had to step back and honestly re-evaluate my eating habits.. Latte and Apple Bran muffin for breakfast... :mad: That had to go.. replaced with coffee with 1 Tbls of half & half or Choice herbal Teas.. and Oatbran, blueberries, 1/2 banana, cinnammon & skim milk.

50 X 50 ~~ I want to loose 50 Lbs by 50 which will be March 2011, 14 months away...

Start Weight : 186.8

Week 1: 181.2 - 5.6

Week 2: 178.4 - 2.8 Total -8.4 lb loss

Blood Pressure:~188/108

Week 1:~~~~ 176/104

Week 2: ~~~~ 164/103

Welcome to the board Goldeneye. We will help keep you motivated. Every Monday we post our current weight. Missou keeps the table for us and updates it as soon as everyone who is active posts.

But to your 50th... that is March 14, 2011? We have the same birthday :)!

On our board we like to joke around with one another. Missou and I like to help keep people motivated by pushing them to the stairs. We like to climb stairs in this group. My goal is to do 10 reps a day at a jog. From there I will bump it up once i can do that without feeling too tired.

Thanks Matt314hew & Missou for your welcomes,

Yes indeed my birthday is March 14th ~ Isn't that just the best day to be born Matt :D

Today I made lots of excuses not to go to curves, I just didn't have the 'motivation' I gave myself a talking to and dusted off the treadmill in my home gym and did 2 X 30 minute walks to a DVD of ABBA tunes.. most of them had the right beat for me, with my little legs ( 5ft 2') I found 3 miles/hr was the right speed... OK only :o.. 2.7mph but I'll work up to 3mph by the end of the week..

Great job Goldeneye!! A treadmill is always a good workout.

I spent 30 minutes on my bicycle this evening. Did not go on the Ab King Pro though, I gave my abs a well deserved break. I'll go back on the AKP tomorrow. I also would like to do a DVD, I just don't know which one :confused::p:D

It is time for me to go to bed, sweet dreams sleeping.gif

Missou,

May would be a great time to go, but the problem is that my wife is still teaching so she can't get out of school. But thanks for telling me about that one.

we take our measurements every 1st Monday of the month or in Matt's case, whenever he feels like it during the month :D:D

I gave mine the first monday of January. But before that it was the 21st of December and the end of November too.

Archived