Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

I just finished 30 ups and downs in the the stairs, I had to stop because my legs were showing signs of weakness. I'll have to this more often if I want to go back to 50 ups and donws.

Come on Matt you can do it to!!!

Then again, if you decide to cave in, you'll just have to do more ups and downs as a reward before going to lunch!!!

smiley_with_thumbs_up.gif

Ok, I did it, I did an hour and a half of training and I feel great!!! I did 30 ups and downs in the stairs, I did my strenght training and I mix my treadmill with the arms work in the Hip Hop Abs video for 30 minutes. It is very up lifting. I took a shower and I am almost ready to go pick up my daughter.

Before I drove Vicky, my daughter, to work this morning, I ate a 3% fat chewy bar. Before my workout, I took half a bowl of Muesli cereal and now, I am taking a shake made with a banana, some rasberry, 3% frozen yogourt and skim milk. It is the first time I try my shake with some skim milk, it is not too bad. I will try another kind of skim milk next time, I hope it will taste better.

Have a nice afternoon everyone and Matt, I can hear your stairs calling you... They are so loud...

lol.gif

Matt: Good resolve!! Yesterday when I told my co-worker that another co-worker was trying to get us to go to Big Boy I begged him... please say "no" so I won't feel obligated to go as well (we are a small department and rarely lunch together) .... well, you know how that turned out. :( But the good news is that I suppose running helped because I was down a half pound today.

Lunch today was a frozen weight watcher entree. I've been bringing soup most of the week and having crackers and low fat cheese sticks. I've also been eating sugar free Jell-O everyday!

Missou: You are a work-out machine!!! You are like the energizer bunny.. you just keep going and going! :p

Gotta go get my run in before I have to finish laundry, pack, and do some last minute errands before we leave for Vegas tomorrow.

Take care everyone!

B

Hey Brenda, have a great time in Vegas 0030-0809-0219-4413_clipart_of_a_smiley_faced_white_rabbit_with_a_purple_flower_by_her_ear.jpg

Hubby just finished a massage on me, feels good. We also moved the treadmill because it was next to the wall. Some of the Hip Hop Abs arms movement require me to strecht out my arms to the side and I couldn't because of it :p

Well, I am ready to do my workout tomorrow morning danse004.gif

Take real good care of yourselves and sleep thight zz47.gif

Good morning everyone!!

It is very nice outside. Right now, my daughter is on her way to Varadero in Cuba. Her plane is almost over New York.

I woke up a little later this morning and I am presently having my morning shake. After that, I will do my training dans03.gif I want the 6 to betsss.gif

Have a nice day and Vickey, do you feel up to pushing Matt up those stairs with me 1hihihi.gif

I had unexpected things to do today and I did not get to do my training till 6 pm. I am a morning person and by then I did not feel like doing anything, but I kicked myself and did 35 minutes on the treadmill with the Hip Hop Abs arms work. Getting rid of the 6 is motivating. Tomorrow, I am going with friends for a walk in the mountains. That will be enough exercice for me. Then again, I might be ready to do more :eek::p I'll see :cool:

Have a good evening and a good week end.

Has anyone seen this show? It is very well put together and very educational. Even though I have some medical knowledge, Dr. Oz uses large graphics to further explain what he is talking about. He even showed a few ladies how changing their menu items (same type meal) can save time on the treadmill. One woman said her favorite meal was a cheeseburger and fries. He showed her how using 6 oz. of sirloin instead of 8 oz. of ground beef, substituting the bun for (I think) English Muffin and then baked frozen fries instead of fried can reduce the calories to cut an hour off exercise time to work it off.

The show is taped in New York City and you can go online to get tickets to attend the show. I would go if I lived in NY.

Good morning everyone!!! It is rainy today and the general word of the day is outch... I walked about 10 miles in an intermidiate level hiking trail in the mountain yesterday and fell 2 times. The first time I sliped and fell on my bent operated knee, it is now swollen; and the second time was an easier fall. I thought that maybe all my walking would show on the scale this morning... I didn't even lose a tenth of a pound triste_2.gif1hihihi.gif I'll say it is because I built some muscles mdr.gif With all the work I did... Why not!!! mdr.gif

Last night, when I came home, Hubby did some work on me and said the real work would be today... It will feel so good!!!

I hope that all this hiking and the pain it caused won't stop me from doing my workouts this week :eek:

Have a good one and take care 11_7_102.gif

I just thought about something and I took the measuring tape. I had measured myself out of curiousity yesterday morning and this morning I am happy to say that I have lost an inch around my waist!! danse004.gif I did get something out of this hiking beside the pain after all danse004.gifdanse004.gifdanse004.gif

Well it has been a very exciting weekend for us. My DS and DDIL came into town Friday to do a joint celebration for DDIL's DD's and my birthdays (within the month). On Saturday we had the biggest excitement of all - my DD became engaged. He is a wonderful guy and we are so happy for her. He had asked DH for permission about a month ago and we were getting antsy when he was actually going to pop the question. After a beautiful ring, he took her out to a wonderful restaurant for dinner, had a dozen red roses delivered while she was in the restroom and the jewely store even delivered a bottle of champagne. They are planning a October 2010 wedding. So I will not be "Losing Before the Wedding" not "Losing before the Cruise". All the better. Lots of planning to do.:)

Have a good week everyone. How are you Vickey?

Marsha

This morning is not an happy day... I am at 161.6..... When will that 6 go away? What do I have do to? 5 hours of intense walking on top of the training I was doing since Wednesday is not enough... Should I stop eating or what? I am sad this morning...

Rain is coming this afternoon. I am still in pain a little from Saturday, but I will do my training. I'll speak to you later.

Have a nice morning!!!

Well it has been a very exciting weekend for us. My DS and DDIL came into town Friday to do a joint celebration for DDIL's DD's and my birthdays (within the month). On Saturday we had the biggest excitement of all - my DD became engaged. He is a wonderful guy and we are so happy for her. He had asked DH for permission about a month ago and we were getting antsy when he was actually going to pop the question. After a beautiful ring, he took her out to a wonderful restaurant for dinner, had a dozen red roses delivered while she was in the restroom and the jewely store even delivered a bottle of champagne. They are planning a October 2010 wedding. So I will not be "Losing Before the Wedding" not "Losing before the Cruise". All the better. Lots of planning to do.:)

Have a good week everyone. How are you Vickey?

Marsha

Congrats to your Daughter. That is very exciting. Let them know that the process is painful but it is all for the best. We stressed about everything for our wedding but it all worked out for us.

Well today is rainy and crappy. And the scale did not move up or down this week, so that is a plus.

Sorry I was absent from Friday til today. I was busy at the house getting things ready. We spent the weekend painting the living room, dining room, and started the bathroom. I am finishing the bathroom today after work.

We have 2 more rooms to paint (bedroom and kitchen, plus the hallway in the upstairs). Then we have to clean the carpets before we can start moving furniture in. I will be busy. Hoping that all this work will show on the scale.

Congradulations to the new fiances. You must of had quite a celebration this past weekend Marsha.

Matt, you must be so anxious to walk into your new home with your new bride. I hope you'll carry her over the treshold.

I started my stairs and had to stop quickly, my knee couldn't take it... :( Tonight, my knee is in pain.... :mad: Tomorrow, I will do some Pilates, it will be good for my abs. I'll also go on the AKP, it has been too long since I have used it.

Sleep thight everyone. Hope you are doing ok Vickey, we miss you around here. Take care everyone 11_7_102.gif

Hello everyone, I took it easy again today and now, I am ready to start my training. The pain is practicly gone!! I will not over do it tomorrow, but I will do some catching up for the past few days.

Matt, I hope you and Mrs Matt have the best of life in your new home!! Take real good care of yourself and of your sweet Mrs coeur05.gif

Marsha, how are you doing? What about you Brenda? And Norwaylin?

I really hope Vickey is ok, I can't wait to hear from her.

I know, I am worried about Vickey too. In my own mind now, this will be my thread for "lose before wearing a dress as mother of the bride" since my cruise funds will probably now go for a wedding. It has been another eventful year.

I still need to get back on track though. I spent last evening digging up some stumps from some bushes my husband cut out. The ground has been too hard lately but we had a lot of rain last weekend so I decided to try it. He is out of town and not here to help. Well I spent half of last night in pain with muscle spasms near my knee. Not much sleep at all, so I guess I had better watch it.

Marsha

Hello everyone, I took it easy again today and now, I am ready to start my training. The pain is practicly gone!! I will not over do it tomorrow, but I will do some catching up for the past few days.

Matt, I hope you and Mrs Matt have the best of life in your new home!! Take real good care of yourself and of your sweet Mrs coeur05.gif

Marsha, how are you doing? What about you Brenda? And Norwaylin?

I really hope Vickey is ok, I can't wait to hear from her.

Don't worry Missou, I will take care of her.

Glad that your pain is almost gone. Don't work too hard. I need a good kick in the butt from you guys. I have been slacking because of all the housework i have been trying to get done. Still have not finished the downstairs but I am trying to get the done this week. Then it is the upstairs.

Good morning everyone!! It is starting to be cold here in the mornings :( Winter is coming back :mad: 57 Days and 5 hours till I am back in the warmth of Barbados. At this hour, I'll be on the plane!!!

I will go see my doctor soon and I'll talk to her about all the efforts I did to lose weight with no success. Hope she can help me. I will also talk to her about the different pains that I have and that just won't go away.

Talking about pain, a good thing to do after working in your garden Marsha is to stretch your muscles. That will help prevent the spasms.

Right now, I am getting ready to go do my training. Kitty just finished hers. I was trowing her a small milk cap and she was bringing it back to me. We did that untill she got tired. Sometimes I wonder if she is a dog or a cat :eek::D

Well, I am off to my training. Speak to you later!! waving2.gif

Don't worry Missou, I will take care of her.

Glad that your pain is almost gone. Don't work too hard. I promise!!

I need a good kick in the butt from you guys. danse010.gif

I have been slacking because of all the housework i have been trying to get done. Still have not finished the downstairs but I am trying to get the done this week. Then it is the upstairs.

You are still doing some work on your body, just not the same way but still danse010.gif

Take care

Archived