mangoes & monkeys ocean village-tours? can anyone recommend independant tours?

shughes50

It's first time to Carribean and first time on ocean village. I was told that with cruise critic sometimes there are independant tours that are organised by passengers. does anyone know of this or if not can anyone recommend any tours or places to visit.

My husband and I were in Barbados last month and wanted to hike, an option not offered as a shore excursion. After searching a bit, we found Stephen Mendes. His e-mail is reservations@hikebarbados.com. We paid him for a private hike and then for guide services the rest of the day.

Stephen teaches electronics courses at a local college and does a little photography on the side. He is not a regular tour operator, just a private citizen looking for an occasional side job. We found him to be fun and insightful. You would not have to hike to use his services. Basically, you tell him what you would like to see and he will get you there. Or you can give him parameters and he will choose fun options for you.

Good luck and have fun!:)

Archived