I am impressed by this (for those with food allergies)

rucruizin

I wanted to add to the original post that Princess has also advised me that Afternoon Tea is possible to have GF and that they could serve gluten free: biscotti, pound cake, chocolate chip cookies and flourless chocolate cake.

They also can make gluten free meals available for children who are in the kid's club on those several occasions that they go as a group for meals.

As noted previously they do recommend close communication with the Maitre'd to arrange these things ahead of time.

For information on the blood tests take a look at the following wonderful web site (Dr Ford is in my city, and diagnosed my family):

Thanks for this site. I hadn't come across it before. Do you have any of his books and if so, do you recommend them? I have a couple excellent books, but some of his caught my eye such as the lunch book. I've been frustrated at lunch time over the last couple weeks. I've gotten tired of what I had been eating.

I wanted to add to the original post that Princess has also advised me that Afternoon Tea is possible to have GF and that they could serve gluten free: biscotti, pound cake, chocolate chip cookies and flourless chocolate cake.

They also can make gluten free meals available for children who are in the kid's club on those several occasions that they go as a group for meals.

As noted previously they do recommend close communication with the Maitre'd to arrange these things ahead of time.

I love afternoon tea, and had thought about how much I would miss the things you mentioned. Guess I don't have to miss out. I'll see you there in 10 days Vee.;)

Thanks for this site. I hadn't come across it before. Do you have any of his books and if so, do you recommend them? I have a couple excellent books, but some of his caught my eye such as the lunch book. I've been frustrated at lunch time over the last couple weeks. I've gotten tired of what I had been eating.

I have several of his books, but not the lunch one. I think I've scanned through it and decided I wouldn't gain sufficient for the price. Although glutenfreefriendz is a group for New Zealanders, we do have several members from overseas and you'd be welcome to join and look over our resources, and ask questions about lunches. You are right, it is the most difficult meal. You might find other groups online, or in person, closer to home to give ideas for GF lunches. Or try a google search.

Perhaps email me privately with other questions (c.kendall@paradise.net.nz) so we don't hijack this thread. :)

Carol in NZ

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/glutenfreefriendz/

I have several of his books, but not the lunch one. I think I've scanned through it and decided I wouldn't gain sufficient for the price. Although glutenfreefriendz is a group for New Zealanders, we do have several members from overseas and you'd be welcome to join and look over our resources, and ask questions about lunches. You are right, it is the most difficult meal. You might find other groups online, or in person, closer to home to give ideas for GF lunches. Or try a google search.

Perhaps email me privately with other questions (c.kendall@paradise.net.nz) so we don't hijack this thread. :)

Carol in NZ

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/glutenfreefriendz/

Carol, my daughter who lived in NZ, said there were tons of GF options in NZ. I wasn't diagnosed until last May, and she said that until then she hadn't even noticed how everyplace had GF foods.

A woman who is on my cruise ws given information from Kelly, that was contrary to what was stated in my letter. She ws told that she could bring GF pizza crust onboard, and they would make it for her. My letter clearly states that they will make it for me???

I'd be kinda ticked if I asked them to make me a pizza and they said, "sure, where is your GF pizza crust mix?"

Ok there, ;) Unhijacked. No worries mate.

Archived