Tulum Mayan Ruin

crusoe97

I'm gonna be on NCL Pearl on March 29, my husband and I are planning on taking the Tulum Ruin tour through the ship. Has anyone been on this tour through the ship? What should we expect from this tour? how many people? how long? etc....

I went through Carnival and it was great. We rode a ferry to Playa del Carmen and then a bus to Tulum. I really enjoyed the ruins and the view is awesome. Many people also went down to the ocean. It was very hot when we went, in June. Take mosquito spray as you will probably need it. They will try to sell you some for over 10.00.

• 4 weeks later...

Be careful about this excursion if you are remotely prone to motion sickness. The ferry ride to the mainland is ROUGH. The ferry operators hand out barf bags as soon as you leave the dock... and many people needed to use them on our excursion in December (including yours truly).

Oh yeah, and I agree that it is HOT. We were there in December and were sweating like crazy (and that's not just because we are from Ohio!)

We did this through Carnival 10 years ago. Its a great tour and a great site to see. The one thing you want to prepare yourself for though is the long trip to get there. You've got the 45 minute ferry ride to the mainland and then an hour or so on a bus to get to the ruins. I didn't find it overly troubling, and the scenery along the way is worth viewing, but it does make for a long morning.

Archived