Recs. for family-friendly afternoon beach trip in Cozumel?

jgs2003

Hello,

My family will be on the Carnival Imagination next week, docking in Cozumel at 1 p.m. in the afternoon on our day there. We'd like to take our young toddler son to the beach there. It will have to be a quick trip, since we'll need to get back to the boat in time for our 6 p.m. dinner seating.

We've never been to Cozumel before and aren't familiar with the various beach options. It looks like there are a number of all-inclusive resorts that allow day guests, but I'd like to know if it's worth it to go to one of these if we'll only be there for 3-4 hours. And I also don't know which ones are more geared towards spring-breakers and which ones are more family friendly.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jody

IMO, an AI resort/beach club isn't a good value, especially for only 3-4 hours you'll be there. I'd suggest either Paradise Beach club or Mr. Sancho's. Just take a taxi to either place. Be certain to agree to the fare before you get in the taxi. Try to have exact change and tipping the taxi in Cozumel isn't customary unless the driver goes out of his way to provide "extra" service.

I personally loved Playa Uvas beach club in Cozumel. You can google them to get the info. When DH and I were there it was very quiet and the people who worked there were so nice. Good price too...especially if you just want to sit in the comfy chairs and relax by the beach. You can also add snorkeling and/or clear bottom kayaking. THey have food and drinks there.

Thanks for the recs

Bruce-r, I see that you've written about Playa Palancar elsewhere on the boards. How far a taxi ride from the cruise pier is this beach? Would it be doable in three hours?

If not, then it looks like Paradise Beach might be the way to go---a lot closer to the piers.

I think your would really enjoy Paradise Beach. We have been there many times with all different age groups. The water is beautiful, food and drinks are great. Bring your own beach toys for the toddler, I buy them at The Dollar Store and just leave them with the bartenders. My grandkids love it. Enjoy your day in Cozumel and don't fret if you don't get back in time for dinner. I think putting such a short time scedule on yourself will hinder having a good time in such a wonderful port. You will find there are other places on the ship to have dinner and rushing back and getting ready to eat will really cut in to your fun. I have never been on The Imagination, but all the other ships I have been on have a great Mexican themed party on deck after you leave Cozumel and that includes a big buffet. Hope you have a great time!

Archived