Roatan - both Gumbalimba AND diving???

mermaid diver

If we book Gumbalimba, has anyone walked over to Bananarama and done a 1 tank scuba dive? It's supposed to be 1/4 mi away. Accurate??? Easy walk carrying 50 pounds of equipment? I'm thinking we could use Carnival transportation, see the Gumba Park, go next door and dive, and then come back with Carnival transportation. Will it work? Time in port is supposed to be noon - 7pm (ship time) on Carnival Valor sailing 3/29/09. Does Gumba really close at 4pm now even if the ship is in port later? Anyone know what time the last bus might be back to the ship from Gumba?

I'm trying to accomodate DH who doesn't dive and also sneak a dive in... Already diving in Belize and Cozumel so must spend time w hubby too.:p

Since I'm getting no responses, I'm guessing this hasn't been done before??? Well, I'm gonna try it and I'll let you know how it works out when I get back. Seems the best way to give DH something to do on land while I'm underwater... I hope. I really hope they aren't kidding when they say 1/4 mi walk cause I'm NOT looking forward to that. Stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...

Ship time, we are will be in port from noon - 7pm, which is 10am-5pm local time. So theoretically, I could make the second morning dive (11am) at Foster's or the afternoon dive (1:30pm) at Bananarama. However, both would be pushing it to use the Carnival transportation to and from Gumbalimba. I've decided to pay it safe and forgo diving at this stop. I'll be heading to Fins and Flippers with the rest of the CC group onboard. All of this hassle just wasn't making sense for a 1 tank dive!!!

Since I'm getting no responses, I'm guessing this hasn't been done before??? Well, I'm gonna try it and I'll let you know how it works out when I get back. Seems the best way to give DH something to do on land while I'm underwater... I hope. I really hope they aren't kidding when they say 1/4 mi walk cause I'm NOT looking forward to that. Stay tuned...

I'm on the Legend and the folks at Bananarama will pick us up for a 1 tank dive and return us to the port. 2 of us are not divers and the cost is $15. pp r/t to just hang at the beach while the others dive. Hope this helps.

Archived