Grand cayman diving

Socref124

Has anyone done a private diving excursion in Grand Cayman? We will be there in May on the Legend and would like to book our own excursion with a reputable company. Any suggestions will be appreciated:). Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't use Don Fosters again. They basically threw us off the boat on the opposite side of the harbor from the cruiseship. In the meantime, their van stood unused in the parking lot.

And that was from a cruiseship tour.

I wouldn't use Don Fosters again. They basically threw us off the boat on the opposite side of the harbor from the cruiseship. In the meantime, their van stood unused in the parking lot.

Wow, thanks for the heads up.

Bruce, thanks for the info. I like what I see on their web site.

I also used don fosters, well actually, the cruise ship used them. They do drop you off at a small pier a short walk from the main cruise pier. You could see the ship and the pier. Not like it was on the other side of the island. But its right in front of all the tourist destinations ie...Hard rock, Margaritaville and other shops and such. I am not that experienced with dive shops, but the guys running our dive were great. This was our first dive since being certified and they took great care of us. Didnt baby us, bu we never felt uncomfortable. I would use them again.

We dove with Eden Rock and had a good experience. It was awhile ago - Nov 2004, right after a big hurricane. We had a variety of skill levels aboard and they did a good job of providing the right amount of support to each person, based on their needs.

I also used don fosters, well actually, the cruise ship used them. They do drop you off at a small pier a short walk from the main cruise pier. You could see the ship and the pier. Not like it was on the other side of the island. But its right in front of all the tourist destinations ie...Hard rock, Margaritaville and other shops and such. I am not that experienced with dive shops, but the guys running our dive were great. This was our first dive since being certified and they took great care of us. Didnt baby us, bu we never felt uncomfortable. I would use them again.

It's not a short walk. It's not on the other side of the island, its on the other side of the harbor. You can see the ship and pier only because the boat is so big.

Next time, try hoofing it with 50 pounds of wet dive gear. We had to stop to rest on the way back. Some guys had to carry their wifes' too because it was so far. Not what I would expect to have to do with a first class dive operation that I just paid a lot of money for. They're just too lazy to drive their van over because they already have your money.

Archived