Gallows Reef Snorkeling

azkcruizers

Hello...........I'm looking for advice on snorkeling in Belize with my kids. Yes, I have checked the Belize board but have heard some conflicting info. I was wondering about the snorkeling at Gallows Reef. I'm looking for something very calm and clear for my kids. Has anyone gone here or is there somewhere else we would be better off going?

It doesn't have to be the very best snorkeling, my kids are new at this, just looking for the best conditions.

Scubaran........are you out there....what did you think of your HAL cruise?

Karen

Scubaran........are you out there....what did you think of your HAL cruise?

Hi,

Yep, I'm here freezing my a** off, take me back to the Caribbean! Please!?!?! The cruise was great, except for missing my only opportunity to dive on GT. Sorry to have missed you all, my wife had a cold at the beginning of the cruise and I caught it by the end. We thought it best not to socialize too much so we spent most of the cruise on the balcony of our aft cabin "burning" out the cold NY germs. Not a bad way to get rid of a cold. We also had a cabana on HMC so we spent the day lounging and periodically running into the surf. :)

Randall

Sorry I can't help with Belize snorkeling, I've only scuba dived and gone to the Mayan ruins in Belize. BTW, your kids might get a kick running around the ruins (they've been around for a thousand years, doubt they could do any harm to them :)) if you decide their's no decent snorkeling suited for them.

Freezing too.........sick of the snow and cold.

We were sick in Miami before the cruise and my daughter was seasick for the first 3 or 4 days. We only went to the galley tour.

I always enjoy a cruise, but boy our dining room service was lousy. Waiters unfriendly, several times we didn't get what we ordered, no bread no butter, on and on. I was pretty disappointed.

Missing Grand Turk didn't help. I also cancelled the daysail in St. Thomas. My father was sick also and with my daughter it was like Ugh!

I booked an aft on the Dream next year, never had one before. Do you enjoy them?

Sorry you missed your diving trip.........you better just book another cruise.

Take care

Karen

I booked an aft on the Dream next year, never had one before. Do you enjoy them?

You know what they say, "Once you go back, you'll never go...... uh back." :D Afts are the best. Consider:

1) Never get lost, you can only go forward from your cabin

2) Sunset sailaway every day on the veranda

3) Only a few cabins wide so you can hang on the rail and not feel like 10,000 people are watching you

4) No wind while sailing (something you couldn't say about any place else on the Eurodam that sailing, it was windy!)

5) Private sunning (with swimsuit on of course) since the decks overhang on every ship I've been on

6) The Verandas are typically larger (on Celebrity you could bowl on them)

7) Just a stairwell away from the lido restaurant for the every-two hour feedings)

Yep, aft for us! :)

Randall

Archived