Celebrity Solstice Honeymoon

ngiva

Hi

I have booked a aft corner sky suite for our honeymoon. Its my fiance's first time ever on cruise. we are a young Asian couple. I love cruise myself, I am 29.. been on a few in Asia and love it, although, I never liked the small room, but loves the fact that it is so carefree.

I would like to know about the crowd age on solstice. and any specials for Honeymoon couples?

Please share your experience :)

There is a special events corrodinator on the Solstice. You may want to get in touch with them to see if there is anything of special interest they could plan out in advance.

Age is about in the 45 to 50 range. But depending on the time of year you cruise could be younger.

Room selection is good but look into the sticky area on cabins and see if yours is listed.

They have very good specialty resturants on the ship - Tuscany Grill is about the best from what I have read in reviews. Try the review section to get some ideas. There are a lot of choices for dining along with the main dining room.

Also for lunch one day or after dinner try the Bistro at 5. Small cover charge but worth it for the desert crapes from what my daughter has told me. Also nice lunch spot away from the upstairs area.

Remember you can be as active as you want and as inactive as you want. With the room you have it may come with butler service and you would like to try having breakfast ordered in one day.

I wouldn't worry too much about the age range. It really depends on the time of the year you go.

We are in our mid 30's and are booked for a Eastern Med in less than 2 months.

Years ago, we had our honeymoon on Carnival. First time cruising, so we didn't know any better about the different lines available. But we still had a great time. Our last cruise to Alaska had a considerably more mature crowd and we still enjoyed it. Age of crowd wasn't even a factor. Some of our best experiences were talking to those who were well traveled and had many experiences to share about their life. It's always a great learning experience!

It's your honeymoon and your experience is what you make of it.

We found (and had expected) that the age on Celebrity was much older than our past cruises (it had to have averaged way higher than 45-50). Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer less kids - but the overall vibe on the cruise seemed to follow the age... as did the entertainment around the boat (other than the cool show Solstice).

Can't put our finger on just what it was but it had us asking ourselves if maybe we should go back to a RC boat next time.

I doubt this will affect your cruise experience at all and congrats - what a great place to honeymoon!!!

Archived