Acey and all

I know Saint John has a lot of historic buildings and museums. How far is the old City Market, New Brunswick maritime Museum, Martello Tower, Harbour Passage, the Trinity Royal History District from where the ship docks? Also, how far is St Martin with the underwater caves from where the ship docks?

Would like to plan out a short tour then tour the city/town/.. Just trying to get an idea as to how far places are from the ship. Don't want to spend alot of traveling to get to one place then not have enough time to tour the city.

Lastly, is the downtown area really close to the ship, do you have to take a bus to the downtown area or can you walk to it in 5 minutes?

Any suggestions in planning a day tour. One is really interested in the museums. How far are they from the ship?

Thanks

I know Saint John has a lot of historic buildings and museums. How far is the old City Market, New Brunswick maritime Museum, Martello Tower, Harbour Passage, the Trinity Royal History District from where the ship docks? Also, how far is St Martin with the underwater caves from where the ship docks?

Would like to plan out a short tour then tour the city/town/.. Just trying to get an idea as to how far places are from the ship. Don't want to spend alot of traveling to get to one place then not have enough time to tour the city.

Lastly, is the downtown area really close to the ship, do you have to take a bus to the downtown area or can you walk to it in 5 minutes?

Any suggestions in planning a day tour. One is really interested in the museums. How far are they from the ship?

Thanks

St Martins would be about a 45 minute drive from Saint John.

Whether you dock at Pugsley or Long Wharf you are just a five minute walk from the uptown area.

The New Brunswick Museum is located in Market Square which is just across the street from the Hilton Hotel which you can easily spot from the ship. From Market Square you can walk through the inside pedway system up to the City Market using a system of escalators and connecting passageways.

If you dock at Long Wharf you can pick up Harbour Passage at the head of the wharf. Just turn left onto the cranberry coloured trail. If you dock at Puglsey you can pick up Harbour Passage at the end of the boardwalk behind the Hilton Hotel. (I think I noticed that they have coloured the sidewalk cranberry from Puglsey up to the Hilton area but I may be mistaken)

The Trinity Royal Historic District is really next to the uptown area and you can pick up a walking map at the City Hall information booth located in the pedway system between Market Square and Brunswick Square (on your way to the City Market).

The Martello Tower is in West Saint John. It will be visable on the hill on the other side of the harbour from where your ship docks but you would need to take a taxi over to see it.

There is an old military blockhouse on top of Fort Howe Hill which overlooks the harbour and affords a lovely view of the area. You will see it just ahead of the ship as you enter the harbour..

Archived