Ships time and passport info

fritzi

Hello - I had been waiting for over two months to sail on the Independence of the Seas and appreciated everyones input prior to our cruise. I am very happy to say that this was the best cruise we have ever been on in every way - from ship to food to service.

I did want to mention that the ship stayed on ship's time for our journey to the Western Caribbean. You do not have to adjust watches.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that when we were at the embarkation desk, the service lady copied our passport (photo and info page). This allowed us to leave the ship at the ports without bring our passports. This had not happened in the past on a couple of other cruises we had been on and thought I would mention it.

I am waiting for my member ship review to be published on the ship review forum. Happy Sailing Everyone.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that when we were at the embarkation desk, the service lady copied our passport (photo and info page). This allowed us to leave the ship at the ports without bring our passports. This had not happened in the past on a couple of other cruises we had been on and thought I would mention it.

Interesting information. Did the pier clerks tell you that's why they were copying the info, and did it go onto a computer, or were the copies being given to the purser?

They didn't do that on the 2/22 Voyager. I always take my own copies and leave the copies in the safe, but take my passport into port if we are going to be far from the ship. I left it in the safe for this last cruise. We stayed close by, or didn't get off at all. ;)

Archived