Review - Chase Suites in Tampa

TrqoisWtrs

My sister and I just returned from our Inspiration cruise and stayed here one night pre-cruise. $119 for the ship to shore package. Price included studio suite, pick up shuttle from the airport, then shuttle to the port the next morning and going home, shuttle from the cruise port back to the airport. Also included breakfast buffet: toast, bagels, freshly made waffles, french toast, english muffins, fruits, cereal, etc. We stayed on a Wednesday night so was able to partake of the complimentary social hour which is held Mon. - Thurs. Beer and wine and fresh grilled burgers and dogs, potato salad, chips, etc. Suite was sparkling clean, and I have never slept on a more comfortable pull out sofa. Granite countertops in the kitchen and for the breakfast counter. Full size stove and frig. They are remodeling the lobby, so some mess, but not too bad. Huge fireplace also surrounded by granite. The only thing I recommend is requesting a room on the first floor. We were on the second floor and there is no elevator so had to lug our suitcases up a pretty narrow set of stairs to get to our room. Other than that, would stay here again - can't beat the price for all that is included.

Also fyi, even though you wouldn't even have to leave the hotel since breakfast and basically dinner is included Mon thru Thurs, we did walk next door for lunch the day we arrived where there is a nice restaurant on the water, Bahama Breeze. Reasonable, kinda like a TGIF or Chili's.

cruisin*tigger,

thanks so much for your nice review of the Chase Suites. We will be staying there Dec.9th for our cruise on the Horizon.:D Now I am also looking forward to my stay in Tampa. Thanks again.

Made full use of the shuttle service - called from the airport for pickup and he was there in about 10 minutes. 10:30am departure to the port the next day (port is about 10-15 minutes from the hotel), and then coming home, called from the port and again, 10 minutes and we were on our way back to the airport. No problems at all and super convenient.

Again, many thanks for the review! I appreciate the details and the info on the shuttle. We don't normally use the shuttles because they take so long - but you confirmed what the hotel had promised us - so we are going with the shuttle.

We are driving in - leaving our vehicle at the hotel. So we'll just need hotel to pier and then back again.

Just curious - from the picture on the hotel website, it appears to be on/near some sort of water. Is it on the bay?

hi kokonut - yes, its on the water, but what water I couldn't tell you. :o

I do know that the shuttle driver had told us that when they were having all the horrible hurricanes, the hurricane center had told the hotel that they thought the first floor would be completely flooded so they had to move all their electronic equipment onto the second floor. Luckily, all they got was just tropical storm effects. But when you're there, it was hard to picture the first floor being completely flooded. Just a bit of trivia...:)

Archived