Caribbean Princess Questions

Kre8tiv1

I will be taking my first Princess cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess on May 17, so please forgive me if these questions seem silly to all of you Princess aficionados. :D

• I have signed up for Anytime Dining. I understand that the menu and formal nights for Anytime Dining are the same as in the Traditional Dining Room. However, can anyone tell me if the lobster dinner is served only on the formal nights? I ask this because we’d like to be pretty low key this trip and prefer not to attend the formal nights.

• With regard to alternative dining, aside from Sabatinis and the Steakhouse (where one must pay a surcharge), what are the alternative dining options? Is lobster available in the alternative dining venues?

• What types of activities are available on the ship in the way of cooking classes, ceramics classes, lectures, ???

• We sail at 11pm from San Juan. What time would I need to board the ship? What dining is available that evening? What time will the drill be?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this newbies questions!

I will be taking my first Princess cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess on May 17, so please forgive me if these questions seem silly to all of you Princess aficionados. :D

• I have signed up for Anytime Dining. I understand that the menu and formal nights for Anytime Dining are the same as in the Traditional Dining Room. However, can anyone tell me if the lobster dinner is served only on the formal nights? I ask this because we’d like to be pretty low key this trip and prefer not to attend the formal nights. Lobster is served only during the second formal evening in the main dining room. You can also get lobster any evening at Sabatini's. And it's much better, BTW.

• With regard to alternative dining, aside from Sabatinis and the Steakhouse (where one must pay a surcharge), what are the alternative dining options? Is lobster available in the alternative dining venues?

• What types of activities are available on the ship in the way of cooking classes, ceramics classes, lectures, ??? There is the Scholarhip@Sea program (no, it's not a link, just CC's editor). You'll find a list of what is offered in your cabin. Also, check the Princess Patter for other happenings.

• We sail at 11pm from San Juan. What time would I need to board the ship? What dining is available that evening? What time will the drill be?

Hope this helps.

• I have signed up for Anytime Dining. I understand that the menu and formal nights for Anytime Dining are the same as in the Traditional Dining Room. However, can anyone tell me if the lobster dinner is served only on the formal nights? I ask this because we’d like to be pretty low key this trip and prefer not to attend the formal nights.

The menus are the same, lobster is served only on formal night, and there are other entrees on formal which are very enjoyable.

Yes, lobster is available on the Sabatinis menu, and should be on the Crown Grill menu as well. There is also the much more informal International cafe (think breakfast, lunch and snacks) and the sushi and raclette at Vines.

• What types of activities are available on the ship in the way of cooking classes, ceramics classes, lectures, ???

Depends upon the cruise, ceramics is available, there will be a cooking demo which is NOT a cooking class, really, but can be pretty entertaining. There is likely to be a guest lecturer aboard, topic ??? And of course the computer classes, sometimes a photo class or two depending upon the lecturers and photography staff. You will see a full schedule included in the paperwork in your stateroom when you board.

Cannot help with this one, hopefully someone who has sailed out of San Juan can.

Bon voyage!!:D

Hi

They like everyone to be checked in by 9:30 but if you check in earlier and leave the ship you must be back on board by 10:30. The drill is usually around 8:00 PM with another one the next day if you miss this one. The dining is the normal dining arrangements (Except the dining room will be closed during the drill so you need to finish dinner before 8 or start it after the drill) The dress code is more casual since you might not have gotten your luggage yet.

I don't know if this always happens but on my last cruise there was plenty of lobster in the cioppino (Italian bouillabaise) in the Horizon Court lunch the day after the lobster was on the dining room menu. Also, there used to be lobster claws served at the seafood buffet on sailing night in the Horzion Court. If room service offers the dinner menu during dinnertime, I'm wondering if that would include lobster. I've never looked into that.

Princess room service menu for those passengers staying in a mini-suite, balcony, outside or interior cabin is a limited menu and does not allow ordering off the dining room or specialty restaurant menus. So - no lobster via room service.

Ultimate Balcony Dining ($100 per couple) can include a very large lobster tail as part of your wonderful meal...

I am also on this cruise....you should join the roll call just look below for the Roll Call boards....

Hi Linda,

I am also part of the roll call group. Seems like a really great bunch of people. Can wait to meet everyone at the Meet n' Greet.

When we get on the ship, where do we go to schedule an UBD? I understand that they usually do not answer the phone during embarkation. And to make a reservation at the Crown Grill, we just go to their podium, correct?

We made our UBD reservation by calling as soon as we got on the ship. We were able to book 2- one for us and we treated my Brother in law and his SO to one in our room since they didn't have a balcony. I would try as soon as you get on board!

Archived