Using Cell Phone

tlbuckingham

My Director just came back from the Bahamas (Nassau/Atlantis) and a few days ago (Monday) he calls me up and ask me why his cell phone (Blackberry Storm from Verizon) allowed him to use his phone but not his data plan (he could not send/receive emails).

I have been searching and researching this and could not find the reason why it did not work (Verizon rep could not give me a answer).

Has anyone been able to use their Blackberry?

My Director just came back from the Bahamas (Nassau/Atlantis) and a few days ago (Monday) he calls me up and ask me why his cell phone (Blackberry Storm from Verizon) allowed him to use his phone but not his data plan (he could not send/receive emails).

I have been searching and researching this and could not find the reason why it did not work (Verizon rep could not give me a answer).

Has anyone been able to use their Blackberry?

My guess would be that the bahamas Telecomm has the "blackberry" signal blocked, so that you would need to use thier systmem (and pay their monthly rate) to use the platform while in the bahamas. Blackberry is on a proprietary platform, which you have to sign up for to use the service in the US. I'm sure the BEC want's their piece of the pie.. or they won't let anyone else play.

Archived