Just back from HAL Eurodam

fisherhum

Hi all,

just wanted to thank everyone for all the tips etc. before we left. We had a great time. The Eurodam is a beautiful ship and all my fears of sailing with the kids on HAL were for nothing. Everyone was super nice and as there were only about 35 kids on board the waiters etc. completely doated on the kids.

Having sailed RCL in the past I have to say the kids club wasn't nearly as busy as on the RCL ships but the kids still had fun. This Club HAL had more "babysitting" type activities going on (crafts, board games, etc) rather than touring around the ship and full on activities.

Again, because there were so few kids onboard though, there was never more than 8 or 9 kids in the group (they combined the 3-7 and the 8-12's).

They did take the kids to the show a couple of evenings though.

All in all we found that the people around the pool didn't mind the kids playing... most days it was just a group of kids in the main pool anyway.

The only negative comment we heard all week was made to my mom at the Mariner brunch. A women commented to her that cruising wasn't nearly the same as it used to be... too many kids, etc. My mom proceeded to reply, that she was travelling with a family with 2 kids and thought that all the kids on board were much more polite and WAY better behaved around the ship than many of the adults she had met. Needless to say the women didn't say anything else. LOL

All in all the week was fabulous. I will add some more detail review shortly.

Cheers

Glad to hear you had a great time! We are sailing on the Eurodam on March 21st with our two daughters who are 12 and 5. We have travelled extensively with them on land but have only cruised twice (once on Disney in the Caribbean and once on Princess to Alaska). I've been a bit worried about whether we would be made to fill out of place on HAL so I'm glad to hear you didn't have that experience. We are really looking forward to the warm weather - only 8 more days until we fly to Florida!

Archived